The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

My Galant GSX build

faqinshiet

Ok had an ETS kit sitting for a couple months so decided to throw it on.
J pipe section

Intake side

And the intercooler

Thanks to Pot for getting me shorter bolt for the throttle body and working with me on getting shorter ones. Amazing seller!!

Last edited:

faqinshiet

So here is little update, I have only driven the galant a couple times in the past month. Still runs great! But I have it sitting in my parents garage for the time being.
For Christmas got some Amazon gift cards and bought this

Got a decent deal on a set of eagle rods

Bought a set of FIC 1150cc injectors

Oil pan was pretty beat up so got a spectra oil pan

Decided to spend a little bit of money so got a full Oem engine gasket kit, Oem timing kit with gates water pump, arp head studs, oil pan bolt kit, valve cover bolt kit, some other Oem hardware, rear main seal with separator, acl bearings, and wiseco hd pistons from JNZ. Then got a bare 6 bolt block.
Still have a handful of things I need/want to buy: like Jay's active rear toe eliminator, more Oem parts, maybe some cams (I have a set of BC 272s but not sure if I'll use them), act clutch, and few other things.

Also have to install 3kgt calipers, pads, and rotors with the master cylinder.

Last edited:

faqinshiet

So did a little work on the galant today:
Installed the 1g 3kgt calipers from rockauto using tunersnation brackets and 2g 3kgt stoptech rotors. I have another set that need to be rebuilt but they were painted black which probably put up for sale if I can find the rebuild kit with replacement pistons. I think I like these unpainted a little better. Will have to replace brake line as one part cracked while trying to unscrew from the old calipers. I'll see if I get another set.

Then the 3g master cylinder went in. Followed the set up for Brett (GSTwithPSI) thanks for the idea!

Will bleed the brake either Monday or Wednesday.

Got the Jay's rear toe eliminator in. Will have them welded onto a spare set of trailing arms that I will clean up and then paint.

Got in a set of AEM cam gears also

Have to go to my brothers and pick up a set of Evo 560cc injectors and Evo 9 bov. Still more parts coming in tomorrow.

Last edited:

tektic

Aem Cam gears have come a long way since mine came out. Those are very nice.
I like the clean metal look of the brakes too, but you best put a clear coat on those calipers before they turn brown.

Edit: do the brackets too.

Last edited:

idreamidrive

There is a link on ecmlink forum about a $100 windows tablet that would work.

Perfect time to learn. That is what the community is here for. I know little about it also, but learning as I go. I haven't fried anything yet.

thomcasey

I use a Windows 8.1 netbook I picked up at a pawnshop for $75. Only 2gb RAM and a SLOW 120mb hard drive, but it is just for DSMLink, and works great. I upgraded it to Windows 10, it works better there, DSMLink has no issues.

With the info you get on here and ECMLink's wiki/forums, you will be fine with it.

faqinshiet

So recently bought a laptop to cause my old one was super slow and folders would not open.
3kgt brakes and 8g brake master cylinder have added a good amount of bite.
Had a problem with battery draining after install of innovate lc2 wideband with auto timer. So ended up disconnecting it. Will have to dive into the wiring when I have a chance.
SSGdave gave me a spare rear subframe he had so will remove the bushings and either sand blast it or wire wheel it. Afterwards I will repaint it and put it away till I find some rear subframe bushings without the mustache bushings. Emailed boostx and I am waiting to hear back. Then I will clean up and repaint the trailing arms I have and install the Jays rear toe eliminators with new hubs and bearings.

Bought a few more parts
Got a ACT flywheel from street surgeon. FedEx sent to the wrong address. And Cory did an amazing job fixing the mix up!

Then got arp crank and cam bolts and Aeromotive fuel rail from street surgeon.

Found a new ACT 6 puck sprung
I will be on the look out for a ACT 2600 pressure plate

Last edited:

faqinshiet

Well ordered a couple more parts!
Got a sd bundle from ecmlink

And then got a fuel lab fuel filter with lines

And got a hold of Jon (boostx) and got a set of rear subframe bushings

Here is the rear subframe I will be working on

Today, I was watching the demo videos on ecmlink and started to play around. I have been getting some knock on acceleration so trying to figure this out. I ended up just putting the evo 9 injectors in a couple weeks ago cause SSGdave needed the 510cc injectors I had and the dsmchip I had. So will continue to try to research and understand ecmlink.

Oh and decided to just order a new oem oil pump and various parts from Jnz. Josh called the next day to talk about the parts! Caught me by surprise especially cause he called 6:30pm pst. I must say he is an awesome guy! So those parts should be here in a couple days.

Last edited:

faqinshiet

So this week I had an injector squirt fuel out the top seals on the 1150cc injectors so replaced all the seals then took for a spin around the block. The car didn't feel like it was getting into boost so searched for loose couplers and couldn't find any. So drove the galant to my parents house to look in their garage. I ended up seeing that the cotter pin for the wastegate actuator was gone and the actuator was disconnected. So spent a couple hours fixing that and now it pulls appropriately.

Some parts have come in!

For the rebuilt block I ended up ordering a new oil pump with gears.
Along with this order got various hardware, new dipstick and tube, and a few other parts for the engine rebuild.

Got a 3 piece crossmember from true street fab

And a set of euro ambers from Ahmad. Hopefully they sit in place better than the depot ones that are on the car now.

Since I got a rebuilt transmission and rear diff, decided on ordering a rebuilt transfer case from tmz.

Got a turbosmart bov because it was a bolt on flange and its black

Waiting on a new clutch pedal assembly/rebuild kit on the way.
She should be able to make it to MOD as it is right now. Not sure when all a majority of parts will go in. Anticipating a move to Virginia in the near future. Awesome thing is we will be super close to JNZ!

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts