The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

More stray connectors *pics*

mr.mitsu

Hey all, need a little help identifying these loose connectors.

Looks like a relay on the right, but not sure about the middle and left thing.

f4e0d356.jpg

I'm trying to clean up the engine bay a bit and came across these connector I'd like to get rid of if not needed.

I have deleted cruise, emissions, fiav/isc, ac, power steering and abs (partly)

I also have diagrams of all the engine bay connectors in front of me via galant service manual (body and electrical)

Any he'll would be appreciated.

These two are on the same harness as the coil pack and power transistor.

265fa9b9.jpg

These two are on either side of the resistor pack.

ca1af47f.jpg

These were found on the harness for coolant temp and o2 sensor.

5b52ac09.jpg

I

Terry Posten

Top pic relay is the alarm relay that pulses the headlights (not sure but I think if you unplug it, the lights don't work). The metal box next to it I am not sure. The round plug looks like the low brake fluid warning sensor (I would keep that). The third pic looks like an emission's solenoid and the cruise power (don't need it). The last pic looks like more emissions solenoid stuff.

What I did was clean the wiring up with brake cleaner and rags and then re-tape all the extra plugs into the wiring. I would not cut an wiring, just tape it up. If you cut wires, you have the possibility of popping fuses and risks of electrical fires.

Just clean and tape. (besides, someone later may want to put stuff back)

mitsuturbo

1 Left - some kind of noise filter, i believe.. what it does exactly, i do not know. i've seen cars run without it.. not sure about how necessary it is
1 center - no idea. never seen that box before
1 right - relay for alarm horn. i believe that's all it does... control the factory alarm horn

2 - AC compressor plug

3 - Cruise control connector on left, egr or evap solenoid connector on right

4 - not sure. the left one looks like one that i see under my hood that is totally unused on both cars. the middle one, not sure where that's going.. the right one looks like it would go to FPR solenoid, due to the proximity to the "unused on my cars" plug

Last edited:

mr.mitsu

The 2nd pic has 2 plugs. Which one is ac? And the other?

Thanks for responding

mitsuturbo

The round one is for AC, the other one.... i think it may be the Fuel Pump terminal, but i am not certain.

mr.mitsu

A/c, ok.

The other can't be fuel pump. I've located that one already.

In the first pic, I guess it may be gsx specific. Sorry if I didn't specify that earlier.

mitsuturbo

Neither one of my GGSXs had that box. Maybe it's canadia specific.
Daytime running lights, maybe?

mitsuturbo

I'm curious, and i can't make it all out from the picture, what all is on the sticker on that control box? It looks like MB686490, is that right? What's the rest?

Last edited:

mr.mitsu

Hmmmm, that would make sense. And the relay could be part of that system too.

My car doesn't have a factory alarm so I would lean toward DRL's.

I'm gonna end up cutting and taping up the exposed ends.

Trust me, I'll be the last owner lol

I got a better pic of the one by thebrake master cylinder

4a7490c9.jpg

And I got one more for ya

This one is behind the driver's headlight. Ac related?

The first pic, the big box as adjacent relay are indeed drl related.

Thanks all!

233cc9cf.jpg

citymunky

I figured I'll add to this thread, instead of making a new one. The last owner of 923/2K removed a lot of solenoids, and valves that didn't directly make the car run (ex no ISC, no FIAV). But this is my 1st car with a 4G63, so I'm loss. I will be removing unless connections, and keeping AC and cruise control (I want to reinstall both systems again). I also need to find the factory boost control, and fuel pressure solenoid, for use with tuning software (Boost control and water/meth)

Starting from the drivers side, next to the brake booster, I have 3 connectors.
1)

Next I have 2 connectors that were plugged under the VIN Plate
2)

Behind the intake manifold, on the same hardness as the knock sensor (which you can't see, but is right below)
3a)
3b)

To the left of the EGR block off plate on IM. Pic 4b shows EGR block-off plate. It's also above the bellhousing on the tranny (on the same hardness the connect to a small plug on back of TB, see pic 4c)
4a)
4b)
4c)

Small connector in the area of the t-stat housing. Shares hardness with coolant temp sensor.
5)

Behind Pass Side headlight, stock location of battery.
6a)
6b)

Behind Driver's side headlight, I have 3 connectors that shares hardness with the brown AC drier/accumulator (3 post above)
7a)
7b)

Behind the coolant overflow tank (which I remove to take this pic)
8)

Another one near coolant tank, and PS res.
9)

Behind PS res, there are 3 connectors, I think this was for the ABS system. (pic 10B is showing where the hardness comes from drivers side wheel fender.)
10a)
10b)

Thank you for any help.

Last edited:

citymunky

^ Wow I didn't load those pic's /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Wow, I didn't know that you had a BMW behind the coolant overflow tank /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jawdrop.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

cheekychimp

Photo addressing got messed up during the migration to the new server. Not much that can be done now, you will unfortunately just have to go back and edit the post with the correct pics. The problem has been sorted out now as far as I know so it shouldn't happen again.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts