The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Mofugas Car IS Back In Action!!!! 11-23-08

Boostin21

true but there lies the money issue, i am broke... DAMN CELLPHONE COMPANIES!

HHIVR4

I had the same problem with the axle bracket holes in the block when I started putting 1280 together.One was broke off and one was stripped..Got it out with an angle drill/GraBit then ran a tap through both..So far no problems.

Boostin21

yeah i loaded the bolt hole with threadlocker after retapping and got it to thread in and its in there good. but only time will tell.

Boostin21

brake lines done! fuel lines done!

ehhh...

car will only be on 2 jack stands by weekend. cant find fuel pump wiring anywhere. its all rewired its just that im a moron and cant find the connectors or where to put the ground.
all it needs is the tranny me and shep concocted. new turbine housing and a windshield... Mmmmmm.

cOmpressor

Nice look'n VC, hope you get things sorted and are back pounding boost soon.

Hertz

Staff member
Hey, be careful with that oil cap ... I had one like that and discovered the hard way that the screw that holds the "foot" in place is inserted from the bottom: meaning that the unscrewing of the cap can also work to unscrew the foot, which can then drop into your valve cover.

I fixed mine with some loctite, but it still made me nervous and after about a year I decided to ditch the bling and go with the better-designed (screw inserts from the top), better sealing stock one.

Boostin21

thanks man, i was thinking of holding onto it and just getting an EVO oil cap.

and thanks for the kind words cOmpressor. i used Duplicolor spatter paint. its got some heavy coats on it and i am really diggin it. and yeah things are getting back in order here which is nice. it so less stressful.

i need to get the car ready for a "BOOST ONLY" event at Great Lakes Dragway in june. heres all that i need to do. it gets me so excited!

-Install front brakes
-Order tranny from Shep
-Get a new turbine housing from FP
-Order exhaust
-Buy/Install a new windshield
-Buy EVO/3g MAF

Not too much left. Damn its been way too long since i felt REAL boost. I'm sick of teasers like driving my buddies cobalt ss/sc or a diesel. GHEY!

I had one like that and it used to get hott on me, but thats right before i blew the car up /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

number3

Quoting Garfield Wright:
+1
Ditch that oil cap asap.

click

The real ones are fine.

Good job on all the work; it looks great! Can't wait to see the car back in action; keep it up!

Quoting number3:
Quoting Garfield Wright:
+1
Ditch that oil cap asap.

click

The real ones are fine.

So where might one obtain one? Are they exorbitantly expensive? I suppose I'd even settle for a knock-off as long as it's better made than the aforementioned examples. The Evo ones are nice, but I'm a RalliArt whore. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Boostin21

the pic of the SMIM was just a mock up.

i was going to use the cyclone initially to help spool and get better low end tq. dont fell like messing around with vacuum and setting it up on DSMLink.

staying with the stock IM. it will be extrude honed next year as well as ceramic coated and i may be installing bungs for individual meth injectors!

everything like this goes through multiple changes.

Boostin21

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cullen has a lead on a TRE stage 3 tranny! he also has a lead on newer front axles, t-case and an extra 4-bolt! And they have under 500 miles on them.
Maybe it'll be together for less and a lot quicker then he initially thought.
Yes its 3rd person. Deal woth it.
You dont know how excited i am. this could be the end of that 2 year boostless drought!

I might be leaving today to go buy them. and maybe tonight they will all be in!

Boostin21

So... I bought a tranny.
TRE Stage 2.5
EVO III gearset 1,3,4,5
double syncro'd everything
shotpeened
HD rails and forks
welded center diff.

BRAND NEW 0 MILES paid $2000

I drove to michigan for it.

Trans is in! Friday, axles and front suspension go in! Saturday, fan gets wired, cold side and intercooler go in.

That means that all i need is a windshield, exh. manifold, turbine housing and and an intake. little odds and ends but it should be on the ground in a matter of no time.
AFTER 6 YEARS OF JACK STANDS AND TRAILERS!!!!! ITS COMING DOWN AND DRIVING!!!!!!!

nice dude! I know its been a long time in the making, im glad your making such great progress on it. If you need an intake tube my business is a supplier to alot of big named vendors so let me know the specs you need and i can fab one up for you, powder coat it and send it your way with coupler(s) and filter /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Boostin21

interesting... all i need is a 3" intake with recircultaion tube and one vacuum fitting. i can get it powdercoated from my buddy but shoot me a price... this will be going with an EVO MAF.

thanks man.

Boostin21

I'm slacking on updates here.

New turbo is here and has been installed.
Hopefully installing slim battery with tray this weekend.
Putting fluids in next week.
Finishing fuel pump wiring next week as well as knock sensor and ECT sensor install.

When that stuff is done and i get my couplers here... i think i can start it up!

Shall i go with a 1g or 2g knock sensor?
Anyone have a hookup on couplers that can help me out?
I need a 2.25" 45* coupler and a 2.5"-2.25" transition 90* coupler.

jepherz

Staff member
I'm pretty sure a 2g knock sensor won't even work with the circuitry in our ECUs, so you'd have to go with a 1g.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts