The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Mofugas Car IS Back In Action!!!! 11-23-08

Boostin21

Well some of you may know i bought Rob's Galant. It hasnt been on the roads for a few years but by the end of Winter, my plans are to have her running and tuned.
I will be updating when i need assistance as far as what bolt goes where. Its in pieces... literally, so if some of you wouldnt mind helping me get some GVR4 history back on the road i would appreciate it.
Occasionally i'll get pics when i can.
Here's some info thus far.

I have the front sub-assembly with all the whiteline bushings and sway bar installed as well as the manual steering rack. front bumper support is in. thats all i could do in the 2 hours of time i had. i am dying the interior pieces a more lusterous black and they look stellar. as soon as i can find a 4 bolt rear that will get installed and bolted up with the rear assembly. than the rear coilovers will go in. my buddy and i are trying to fix the holes that were cut in the trunk area in the spare tire location. i am still deciding if i want to run a 10 gal. fuel cell or the factory gas tank.
ehh, well...
going to be running FP3065 or a straight gt35r.
also want to run DSMLink, so i am trying to figure out how i want a laptop in the car. i am starting to fab up sliders that come on computer desks, where the keyboard goes in and out, i want to trim them up and get them to fit in the glove box so i can have the laptop slide in and out of the glove box!
around christmas time my buddy and i are running the wiring harness and finishing the interior up.
i need a few suggestions though. i wont be running any heat or a/c so the dials in the dash will be gone. what should i put there? i have a 2 gauge pillar pod and thats where my boost and egt gauge are. so idk, something for water/alcohol injection?

carfaxed the car and found out she only has 88,000 on her. wow! any who, shes a workin progress but i promise to all that mofugas will be on the road come spring 2007!

werd,
cullen

Last edited:

4G63_GSR

congrats on the buy. why didn't you just keep your old white one?

lunchbox

Not to be a dick, but "I'll believe it when I see it"

That car is going to take a TON of work to be anything but an all out race car. I was this close || to buying it twice, but I decided I would rather drive my car than work on it.

Also, I have a basically rust free 1991 Galant VR-4 fuel tank and sender from my old white car.

Boostin21

4G63 GSR- i sold it thinking that a 1g dsm would have been more fun, but once i got rid of her i missed the car immediately. i needed another gvr4. but man that white one was clean

ARNIE- yeah i realize its a lot of work, and dont worry your being a dick! haha jk! i have no problem spending my winter working on her to get her running. its a project and i knew that coming into this. but thanks for the fuel tank offer! i also have a fuel tank rob threw in with a 255 and sending unit, it even came with a quarter gallon of gas. i will be asking you some questions if need be, you are always very informative

thanks

Ted Andkilde

There's a guy on eBay 'laptopmounts', or something similar, who sells Ram mounts for laptops in cop cars and whatnot.

I bought a mount to install my GPS unit from him, nice quality stuff.

Cheers, Ted

Boostin21

nah... there are anti-fog window products out there that are similar to rain-x, that works wonders. besides windows cracked open will help. plus man, have you ever picked up a blower motor, they are heavier than i thought!

lunchbox

Put a heater in it you hack!

I had a 5.0 Mustang with a gutted interior and it was Teh SUX!

No cruise/power windows/power locks you can live with, but you live in Wisconsin, not Soutern California.

If you are concerned that much about weight, take a dump before you drive it.

You can also drain the heater core during the summer to eliminate the pound or two of coolant in it.

CO VR4

Quote:
I have the front sub-assembly with all the whiteline bushings and sway bar installed as well as the manual steering rack. front bumper support is in. thats all i could do in the 2 hours of time i had. i am dying the interior pieces a more lusterous black and they look stellar. as soon as i can find a 4 bolt rear that will get installed and bolted up with the rear assembly.

Did you not buy the shell complete? It had beautiful front and rear set of sub assemblies and suspension already in it, including a 4-bolt rear you could eat off...

Boostin21

COVR4- no no no i have that in there just no 4 bolt rear, rob wanted to keep that, i said yeah thats cool, i did get the car for a deal anyways, but no its the same sh*t you had in there, its just the parts i was told it was. dotn worry sir she has the sexy sub assemblies, actually they are coated with a sealant to prevent rust and wear! it lasts 5 years.

ARNIE- why are you so pissed at me!? man i was kidding about the heater weighing alot, to be 100% honest i dont know if i want to run heat, its up in the air right now.

i posted this thread for help if i needed it, for people to see semi-GVR4 history going back on the road. not to be ridiculed.

CO VR4

Quote:
COVR4- no no no i have that in there just no 4 bolt rear, rob wanted to keep that, i said yeah thats cool, i did get the car for a deal anyways, but no its the same sh*t you had in there, its just the parts i was told it was.

I'm sure it was exactly what Rob told you it would be, I just thought you'd bought the entire thing. That 4 bolt was sweet, though.

BTW, did you see the post in the FS: Mofugas car thread this morning? Rob, the original Mofugas, is back! Woo Hoo! You need history? He's forgotten more about that car than I ever knew. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Boostin21

NO WAY!!!!!! great to have him back! he should build me a downpipe, LOL!

yeah i wish i would a got the 4 bolt rear with it, but ehh i have more important things like wiring to get done. woot woot.

Boostin21

Well i dont either, i cringe when i see hagered DSMs/GVR4s. I AM doing everything correctly, and wouldnt want to disappoint alot of people especially Rob (mofugas)

arnie i'm sorry if i misinterpreted you but, i thought you came off angry at me.

rear subframe out tomorrow, sorting out wiring harness'

Boostin21

well i went to start the wiring harness in the engine bay, got it placed. and my buddy and i realized that a good portion of wires are burnt! some are broken/cut!
well i contacted PAINLESS, and i guess we'll see what they can do for me.

i have fantastic wiring diagrams if anyone wants copies, that or i will have my buddy email them to me and i will post it in the how-to section.

147/1000

Please post them or send me a copy to [email protected] I have been thinking about how to clean up/remove some of the wires from the engine bay, and i think a good diagram might help.

Boostin21

i'll try to get them up ASAP. PAINLESS can't help the cause so i might order new from Mitsu with my discount, i am waiting to hear a price from the dealer for a engine wiring harness. here is the emptiness i have...

Boostin21

dropped the rear sub assembly... GROSS, waiting to find a 4 bolt rear and than the rear assembly goes in. heres a little comparison in the 2 guess which one i am using?

Sorry to jack your thread....It looks like you have a suspension tech swaybar there, can you tell me if it would clear the rear steering rack on your old subframe? I've just been wondering if their an option to those of us keeping the 4ws.

Use the PM function next time.

That is a Whiteline rear sway bar in the picture and yes they do clear the steering rack.

Daryl

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts