The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Mitsu vs. Aftermarket Thermostat

FYI that is the part number for the 180* thermostat.

Last edited by a moderator:

marvinmadman

There is an aftermarket thermostat that is the same size as the oem that is available at the part stores. I just made them pull all the ones that were available for the car and compared them. I ended up getting one that was listed for a Mirage because they did not list a 180* thermostat for the Galant.

marvinmadman

Here's a picture of a 192* thermostat from the parts store.

Well the "valve" might be a little bigger on the aftermarket thermostat after all by the looks of it.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

sleepyvr4

I ran a 180 cheapie from advance auto for 2 years w/o any problems. two friends of mine bought the "expensive shiny thermostat" from advance in the same temp and they had problems with them sticking, and thus overheating due to.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts