The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

missing undercarriage brace...

gramkrakr89

Me again...
I found this picture online after i was told that my car is missing an undercarriage brace plate. I had never seen it before because it was never there, and i don't know what it is called in order to start looking for one...

untitled.jpg

the pic is not mine, but i'm missing THAT part (was told that 5 bolts hold it on)... anyone know what it's called, and where i might find one?

thanks again guys!

Muskrat

Go to the Junk Yard. I think any 1g 4g63 DSM will have it.

Last edited:

14u2nV

no, it's at least an awd thing, my 90 fwd didn't have it. *looks like awd dsms have it

Last edited:

thedsmguy

I have one for sale. Its called a Gusset plate. Kinda a generic name for a triangular piece of metal thats is a brace etc. But I have a few I could sell.

They came off awd cars only but I'm pretty sure a fwd could use one for some extra bracing.

toybreaker

iconoclast
Several members have had issues with cracking of thier crossmembers when their vehicles were run without that re-inforcement plate.

Since it's happened to others, it goes without saying that it would be a good idea to thoroughly clean and check the crossmember for cracks before chasing down your parts.

Your old crossmember can be repaired by welding, or you can source the crossmember at the same time you source the brace.

... but either way, be sure to check things out thoroughly

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned