The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Midwest Meet-MI, OH, IL, WI, IA and anyone else too June 18, 2016

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
CANCELED/POSTPONED FOR NOW. SEE MOST RECENT POST.

Hey fellow VR4 addicts, 60 F on Sunday, snowed today, but I have to start thinking Spring! I am considering hosting a meet at my house, probably sometime in mid-May. Anybody within the local vicinity is invited. I know there are probably 10-15 guys in Michigan alone. Midwest cru guys from Chicago area, you are welcome to have a reunion. Hertz, my garage is much more organized than at my other house.

I live in Howell, Michigan. Probably a one-day affair on a Saturday. I can possibly offer camping accommodation in the yard, as I have two acres. There are a couple hotels not too far away and an outlet mall if your wife/girlfriend want to check that out.

Feel free to post here or shoot me a pm if interested. I will work out more details as we move on.

Last edited:

thecman02

Need to get the Galant going. If I do I'd swing by!

MellowVR4

HMMMMMMMM, 5hr drive for me............maybe maybe /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

gtproto

I would be in as long as there's no problems when i pull the galant out of storage at the end of the month, its 4 1/2 hours from me, Mellowvr4 if your coming through chicago i would be willing to meet up

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Shouldn't be quite 4.5 unless you get really bad Chicago traffic. As Mello mentioned, it's about 5:15 for me to Milwaukee. I regularly make that run as I have family there. I get to Chesterfield IN in about 3 from my house.

jeverts

Quoting MellowVR4:
HMMMMMMMM, 5hr drive for me............maybe maybe /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Take the Ferry. Either one. The one out of manitowoc is kinda nice actually. We would take it to go to silver lake. Sleep on the deck over night. The best sleep I have had. Until they blow the fog horn at 5am and make you soil your pants.

MellowVR4

HAHA I've thought about that also. not sure what will be the amount of time I would save by going that route. I'm assuming they have a bar on the ferry?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

VR6Eater

I am in. time and date specific please so i can put it in for it. Could probably bring some old mustangs there also so we can beat on them.

blacksheep

papa Icee - Can you please send me your new mailing address. My xmas card to you and fam came back undeliverable /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
I texted that to you once already. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

MellowVR4

Is their a set date for this event?

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
I will try to get one set soon. Thanks for the reminder.

OldHairyBastard

Depending on the date I'm in. If all the guys near me want to tag alone I have a Sequoia that seats eight so you don't get stuck on the side of the road in your Galant. Hit me up or any of the other Crew members. You know who you are.

OldHairyBastard

Dave,

What are your thoughts on a date now that we've had some nice weather?

Quoting iceman69510:
I will try to get one set soon. Thanks for the reminder.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
OK, I'm putting out Saturday June 4 as the date. Mid-morning and on is fine for arrival time, basically probably an 8-hour hang out or so. Stays light late here in MI, so we have time.

Parts to trade, parts you may need (I have lots of little things for VR4s).

Have to get a new grille this year, so I plan on cooking some basic stuff. If anyone is a culinary expert and wants to bring anything to share, that's cool too.

Also, will have some beer and soda/pop, but encourage byob as well since so tastes vary widely. Michigan has lots of craft brews, so I may get some of them for sampling.

Bring lawn chairs if you can. I have some but not a huge number.

Any questions, feel free to post here or pm me.

maroonmetallic

This could work out for me, I'm not sure about the vr4 as its back on jack stands. I'd definitely want to spend the night and maybe look into taking the ferry across..

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts