The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

meth kit install! am i doing it right?

ade

i would like to mount the pump and tank in the engine bay as i don't see any danger in doing so, but then i wont have any room for my catch cans. So instead i have the tank in the trunk with an inline check valve right after, i ran the line to the engine bay and will fab up a bracket to hold the pump up unto the strut tower then a line to the nozzle right before the throttle body.

is there a reason why i should not set it up this way?
should i move the check valve up before the pump?
or will it work out the way i have it?

CAM00669.jpg

turbowop

I would mount the tank in the area underneath where the battery sits stock. I'm not sure how well your pump will do having to pull methanol all the way from the trunk. My Alkycontrol pump can push fluid that far, which it does fine, but is not supposed to be used to pull fluid that far.

boostin4door

Yeah, I would mount the pump in the trunk for more of a 'push' type setup. Most METH setups do it that way, including mine.

LIV4PSI

I would think you want the check valve after the pump, since the pump is what supplies the pressure. I can't say for sure though.

LIV4PSI

So is mine on the STI.

ade

thats why u guys get the big bucks. ill move the tank into the engine bay, place the pump closer to the tank and put the check valve after the nozzle.

brisvr4

This is how I had mine setup when I still used meth injection.
It put the pump directly under the tank. Easy to fill too!

AirboxWaterinjection002.jpg

ade

Bris your set up looks sweet, love the shrouded intake. i didn't have much room to work with as you can see from my pump feed route, but i got it done. lmk what you think.

CAM00790-1.jpg

CAM00816-1.jpg

brisvr4

Looks good so far!
You might want to look into the Labonte fail safe unit too.
It keeps you at wastegate boost pressure if water flow stops for any reason.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned