The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Meth discussion

curtis

Helping my buddy put on a kit. Actually just welding on the bungs for the nozzles but where the best place. Some say close to the intake others say as far as you can get back and actually spray in the IC cold side tank then others sell direct port. Its a schwitzer powered car with 1200's figuring on 550 to 600 on pump with meth and 800 with racegas and meth /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Also where the tables that says for a blank hp car at 8K you need x amount of meth or x amount of meth and water? I've seen a few but can't remember where. Just want to make sure his nozzles are sized correctly.... I know latent heat of evaporation etc meth and water are more effective. Just want to know so real world stuff and if anyone has ever seen a back to back comparison of different locations.

direct port kit. Looks sexy

curtis

Found this for a tank, it would corrode instantly I'm sure but looks total sweet.

baby keg tank

turbowop

I put my nozzle a few inches before the throttle body. I wanted it after the BOV so that I didn't have methanol blowing out the thing and starting a fire.

GVR4_1057

A minimum of 12" before the TB and perpendicular to the pipe.

GVR4_1057

I actually learned this one personally. I had my nozzle spraying straight into the TB. It was maybe 3" away. What happens is that the water mist does not have the time/distance to disperse and mix with the air and I did not get the cooling effect on cylinder #4 (the water went past the runner) and I burned the #4 piston.

turbowop

I just measured mine. It's 5" from the throttle body. Mine is mounted on the bottom of my IC pipe facing straight up. Never had an issue with it this close to the TB, and neither has Lucas from English Racing and he's been doing Methanol injection for a really long time. Mine has been setup this way since '06. One M10 nozzle. System starts spraying at 10psi and the Maftpro pulls fuel in conjunction to make up for the added fuel (methanol). 30psi pulls everytime I take the car out for a drive.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned