The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Meet 1027/2000 "Build/progress" (sea foam green machine)

lowcashleblanc

Ill will be getting my hands dirty with her soon, but first I have to finish parting out my Miata. For my First plan of attack I will be replacing the toasted transmission. I got a line on a replacement, should be purchasing it this upcoming week. While I am in the area I will be replacing the clutch and pressure plate, rear main seal, reseal the oil pan and replace the rediculously long SS clutch line a PO installed. I figured that is a good starting point for me to focus on. In the past I bit off more that I could chew on projects. I got way to A.D.D. on them and was just all over the place. Needless to say that wont be happening again.

I have done nothing to her yet, the way you see her is the way I took ownership of her. She will finally have a good life in my hands and cant wait to get her back to her prime.

Thanks for looking

DSC_0689_zpscb5e0060.jpg

DSC_0688_zps076a0284.jpg

DSC_0687_zps7b1a3f75.jpg

DSC_0684_zpsf129de9f.jpg

DSC_0683_zps678dcbca.jpg

DSC_0685_zps982bbfa5.jpg

DSC_0686_zps73eac4cd.jpg

Last edited:

G

Staff member
Looks nice. Pretty clean as well. Is that green or grey? I can't tell.

lowcashleblanc

Its Belize Green! Thanks, she has her flaws. There is some body repair in the front on the pass side. I can see where there is chassis repair as well as the rear driver side.

matt92vr4

Congrats! What year miata? I might need a few parts for my dads 2000.

lowcashleblanc

Thanks man. The Miata is a 94, NA chassis. Most of the NB parts I had have already been sold, 6 speed trans and the like. Check out Mx5atlanta.com really good community to be a part of for Miata owners.

Last edited:

Chi271

Looking good! Love the wingless look! 271 is definitely losing her wing soon.

lowcashleblanc

Quoting 1badgvr4:
Lmk if you need any help man Im always down to wrench.

Word, Ill definitly need some help in the near future. This is a new avenue for me! Where in GA are you locate?! Im about 40 min south of Atlanta. Shoot me a PM with your number, I do believe I am not able you send PMs yet.

lowcashleblanc

Quoting Chi271:
Looking good! Love the wingless look! 271 is definitely losing her wing soon.

So glad she came with no wing, If she did it would most likely be the first thing to go. Clean 4 door is the way to go!

lowcashleblanc

Little update!

I will be ordering the replacement trans today. I also got a little curious last night and pulled the upper timing cover off to inspect the belt and area. It appears that it is a new belt, but the bad news is there is a line carved into the belt closer towards the engine side of the belt (I stumbled across a thread somewhere where I have seen that before on here, cant remember where though). Hoping to get to investigate further soon to see what caused the damage to the belt and what all has been replaced on the front side of the engine, if it has.

G

Staff member

lowcashleblanc

Yup, Thats exactly what mine looks like! Good to know bout the oil pan bolts and I am hoping everything else in the area is good/been replaced. Less I have to do. What is the difficulty level of swapping out the timing belt on GVR4s?

lowcashleblanc

My replacement trans showed up yesterday! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif It came with a T/C as well (23 spline). Will the splines being 23 count affect the half shafts if they are 22 spline or is that totally different. Worst comes to worst and I have to get new axles, Im cool with. The ones in the car probably need replacing anyway.

DSC_1033_zps25e55a7d.jpg

DSC_1032_zps34c8bad3.jpg

CutlassJim

Transfer case INput spline count is only relative to transmission OUTput spline count. Axles not involved in the equation.

lowcashleblanc

ITS ALMOST THAT TIME!!!!!

Now that I have funds! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I have already paid for a used full V3 ECMLink and waiting for it to be shipped to me. In the next few days or so I will be placing a large order with Extreampsi.com for all my OEM maintenance parts. I think my shopping cart has added up to $1200 so far with more to be added to it and just got off the phone with them and they said they would work with me on the grand total since I am ordering so much at once. A local friend of mine is hooking me up with a new ACT Street disk and 2400 pressure plate (I think thats what he said), a 1g crushed BOV, possibly a new electronic wastgate solenoid and other goodies.

#1027 will be getting pulled in the shop this weekend for a little bit of tear down, body prep for paint and to get ready to fix all the BS! Pics to come this weekend stay tuned...

lowcashleblanc

I have been making good progress on my car this weekend. So far I have I have done everything in preparation for dropping the trans minus taking off the slave cylinder and removing the starter. Been having loads of fun cleaning, labeling, more cleaning, more labeling and taking pics to reference when I get ready to reconnect everything. It is unreal the amount of negligence this car was given. From hacked up OE parts to horrible wiring fix, many short cuts were taken. Currently doing my best to reverse everything. I am looking to have the transmission out by this upcoming weekend to further look into what I need on that end before I move to the front half of the engine.

On to pictures! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hand scrubbing this sucker and flushing it out in prep for the HD shockproof that will be going in it after its install /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

V3 ECMLink I picked up from sombody on tuners....

Take off parts

Last edited:

GSX_TC

haha i like how all the parts are in the pantries and stuff

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned