The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

MB Wheels

BoostedAWD91

Im considering purchasing a set of wheels and im not looking to spend a ton. These would be going on my Pearl White GVR4. I like these wheels but havent really heard much about them. Anyone know anything about them or if they are any good?
Here is the 2 color options... what do u think
Wheel Info

Last edited:

H05TYL

Those are marketed over here as "DTM" brand, but pretty sure they are exactly the same, I know quite a few people with these brand wheels (incl one chap with those wheels in bronze on his white vr4) and haven't heard any horror stories yet.

I'll try and find some pics of his car with them on.

BluFalcon

My roommate has a set of those in 17x9 for her 2G Talon. I don't think she's ever had an issue with them.

ktmrider

Had a set of 20's on my Dodge truck a few years back. Heavy as heck tho.
Never had an issue but if so I'm sure Discount would cover it 100%.

EMX5636

I have them in 17/18 on my Fiero and I'm very Happy with them. I've also seen some info on them under the name A-Tech. This specific wheel is pretty light for the size, but most other models are more like TSW's. I've hit a few good potholes and no bends/cracks so far.

Fieronew.jpg

Last edited:

BoostedAWD91

im not sure how the bronze finish would look on my white vr4. anyone with photoshop that could edit them into a pic of a white vr4? my photo editor wont let me do it

Last edited:

JSchleim18

Bronze should look good. I had a set of MB Motoring wheels on my Tahoe. 20". They seemed to do fine and the finish looked good after a winter with them (chrome).

Nate

I drove around for a while with the bronze TE37s on that very white Galant. Trust me, bronze on white looks sweet.

BoostedAWD91

yeah the bronze te37's look amazing on a white galant or any car for that matter. I think the bronze would be the best choice if i were to purchase the wheels above. I would just have to do the 5 lug swap to get them since they dont sell them for the 4 lug setup

mooserage

Staff member
FWIW wheelweights says the 17x7 weighs in at 18lbs, 17x8 @20lbs, and 17x9 @21lbs. Hope that helps a bit... For perspective, stock 91 wheels weigh 17lbs and stock 92 weigh 16lbs, and something like an enkei rp-f1 weighs in around 15.5lbs.

TWEAKD4

Have you done the 5 bolt conversion? Just a FYI they are not available in 4X114.3 but I am sure you are aware of that.

BoostedAWD91

Quoting BoostedAWD91:
yeah the bronze te37's look amazing on a white galant or any car for that matter. I think the bronze would be the best choice if i were to purchase the wheels above. I would just have to do the 5 lug swap to get them since they dont sell them for the 4 lug setup

yes i know they are 5 lug as i stated above /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

We use a set of these in 17x8 ET28 on Conti's '08 Mustang GT project car. They're fairly strong as the car has gone off track a few times and are still straight, and aren't too heavy either, especialy when compared to the OE Mustang wheels.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts