The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Manual steering rack??

Tbmeudt

Can someone help me find a proper fit manual steering rack for my 92 galant? A link would be great!!! Also anything specific I should know about PS removal? Thanks guys

LIV4PSI

You need one from a 1.8l Eclipse. I bought mine from Rock Auto. Just install the new rack and you're done!

Edit: finding the right mounts and bushings is the had part

Last edited:

raptorWagon

2.0l NT 89-94 Eclipse/Talon/Lasers have them too, not only the 1.8l as many had thought. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Fiascoxl

Just depower your assisted rack and save money and also effectively keeping the quicker turning ratio too. My buddy has the nt rack on his 90 gsx and it feels like sh*t entering turns with the non turbo racks high ratio.

Last edited:

Rob88

The manual racks have a huge lock to lock ratio. I would build up those muscles and de power the rack like the guy before said. Its not to bad without the assist.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts