The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Manual steering rack and automatic shifter questions...

so i have some plans for my gvr4 and had a couple questions.

I am trying to clean up the engine bay as much as possible and want to get rid of the power steering and such. Will a 1g manual rack bolt up fine or do i need to find one from an old base model galant (if they exist). Also, i am going to convert to auto-tragic and my only concern is the automatic shifter. I am guessing since 1g manual shifters bolt up fine and automatic shifter shouldnt be a problem? I just picked up a donor 1g awd auto parts car with a 4 bolt LSD so i want to make sure i have all the parts needed to get this project done. any tips/advice is greatly appreciated. thanks.

chris

i tried... the search function sucks on these boards. Or i just am not using it right. thanks though. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

brisvr4

It can suck!
Easiest way to find stuff is to put a + in front of each word.
I just typed +manual +rack .

You can also convert your PS rack into a manual rack of sorts by pulling the rack apart and removing the piston from inside it.
It will be pretty heavy on your arms if you do it like that though!
I've gotten used to mine that I converted but I wouldn't advise trying any tight road courses at speed with it.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned