The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

MAF vs Speed Density

turbowop

Maftpro is a cool setup with a lot of adjustability and allows you to run speed density. IMO, DSMlink is so great because so many people are using it, there are tons of people to help anybody that may not understand it. Now that Maftpro is finally starting to get more popular, it will make for a better community to help learn the unit. I don't even use the wideband tracking feature that Curtis mentioned, but my car runs great. Driveability is awesome, no matter what the weather is.

Andy_S

Quote:
Have you had any experience with megasquirt.

Not really. Cruised through the layout and software briefly, and have done some reading, but again, there are members here that have experience with this one as well...(*cough* Chris) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/Seems to have a cough/ /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I would be interested in hearing how it has worked for people. I have only clicked through the software and spent a little time watching a friend tune with it (a megasquirted tpi 3rd gen camaro...with turbo).

raptorWagon

One of the local dsm club guys out here just got his 1g dsm running with Megasquirt, stock ecu and maf are completely deleted, no more isc or iac as well. The car ran quite well when I took a ride in it a couple nights ago, he's also building another board for another member. It's still all about preference and how much you want to learn or you're going to "have" to learn.

ktmrider

For the MS bible locate "Dieselgeek" on any number of boards. Hands down the king of MegaSquirt.
I looked hard at MS a few years back for another project. Once you are versed on tuning it's potential is nearly limitless.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts