The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Lower springs question

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
If you are running stock suspension, best is probably the H & R set.

SouthCaliVR4

H&R are the only direct fit option I am aware of. they will leave it sitting fairly high in the rear. most of us who have installed them have cut some of the dead coils to give the rear the appropriate drop.

GSTwithPSI

I had a set of B&G springs on 1813. They looked pretty good IMO: click

WP_000251.jpg

WP_000264.jpg

Last edited:

MellowVR4

You could install stock TEL springs, Gives your car a slight drop.

SouthCaliVR4

Quoting galantrevolution:
Does anybody have a picture of their car with the springs with out cutting them ?

I no longer have any before pics but this is with 1.5 coils cut out of rear.

img.php

highrpm666

I've been looking into the h&r's as well. Thinking about putting them on some fresh kyb's. Anyone care to post some pics of the the ride height of the h&r's uncut? And what about eibach? I thought they had direct fit springs for the vr4!?

Last edited:

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Quoting highrpm666:
I've been looking into the h&r's as well. Thinking about putting them on some fresh kyb's. Anyone care to post some pics of the the ride height of the h&r's uncut? And what about eibach? I thought they had direct fit springs for the vr4!?

Coincidentally, Eibachs. gstwithpsi sale

Brett, are tbose for GVR4 or 1g?

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Well they might work on a GVR4 if the rears are not too short. I cut 1/2 coil off my front 1g GSX springs to get the height I wanted.

galantrevolution

I got a set of new H&R springs I will post pics of the car after the installation , here is a pic of the car with the different springs

caanglin

H&R's with around 1.5 coils cut in the rear. Sitting on 17x8 +35 Rota Grids with 17 235 45 tires.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts