The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

low income progress of 842.

well i havent really posted much of anything when it comes to updates of my galant. so i thought id start now. a back story to the car is i got it in a trade for my rb20 swapped 240sx. the vr4 was in rough shape mechanically. it had a missing door handle. blown motor mounts. 4ws was disabled improperly the auto seatbelts did not functions and the car did not idle. also the car had not radiator cap. it had a 1g radiator witha 2g neck.

it did have alot of work done to it however. i found the motor to be rebuilt .20 over. a moroso oil pan. 780cc injectors a wally 255 fuel pump 16g turbo with evo3 manifold. 2gmas aeromotive FPR fidanza flywheels with an act 2600 PP and unknown clutch disk steel clutch lines and kybagx struts with h&r springs.

after tackling the issues that needed sorting first. the belts function. the 4ws is now properly removed. after setting timing and fine tuning the safc it runs great.
ive replaced the motor mount put in a civic aluminum half radiator, which gave me more engine bay rooms and a radiator cap. got the clutch sorted out and it runs and drives awesome. has been for over a month now. i've now started saving up money to slowly begin the build of the car instead of just spending money to fix it. i am on a very tight budget. i make 30k a year, have a house to pay for and a son and wife. so every spare dollar i get i put in a milk jug for the car. its slow. but there is progress. im also lucky enough to have friends with parts that i get for a great deal.

to start things off i got myself a pocketlogger for 30 dollars and an alignment. i have no pictures of the logger but i hope most of you know what one is. and if not. please visit hondatech and start posting there.

the next thing i got was a precision 6262 turbo with an evo 8 tubular exhaust manifold. the manifold wont fit the car so ive recently sold it to put towards a transmission from jacks. that will be purchased come income tax time.
here is a picture for those tho love pictures.
IMAG0053.jpg

IMAG0056.jpg

i got that setup from a friend to put his motor together in his 2005 evo 8. so some of my time and my garage space taken up. ive got a screaming deal for this.

next ive got a autometer cobalt full sweep electric boost gauge. i paid 40 dollars for it since the back light does not function. i wanted ti because i was using a mechanic boost gauge purchased from autozone. and i felt it was not entirely accurate.

i am currently im the process of purchasing a first generation maf translator from a friend for dirt cheap since he went to a map sensor setup. that will be in my possession shortly.

my most recent purchase is a slowboy racing front mount intercooler that had the endtanks modified for a vr4. i bought this from dustyduff for 150 dollars. he was also awesome enough to throw in the intercooler piping for it as well. so once i get my manifold wastegate maft and downpipe. i will be able to throw everything in.
the intercooler had a hairline crack in it going down the one endtank. the intercooler was painted black and me nor mike saw it until i stripped it clean. ive rewelded it and it is perfectly sealed again. the pictures are of the intercooler after ive stripped the black paint off. it is big. as you can tell by the photo of it inside my tool box. the before and after of the repair is also pictured.
IMAG0085.jpg

IMAG0089.jpg

IMAG00872.jpg

IMAG0088.jpg

thats about it for now. i know there isnt much of an update here. but for how much money ive spent on all of these items. i am doing very well. it is a slow process as im saving 50-100 dollars a week for the build. i hope yous enjoy it at least since it is a vr4

Last edited by a moderator:

Looks great so far! I myself am on a budget build on my VR4 and just finished fixing all the issues, so it's nice to see what you can do with little money.

thanks. i had enough time at work tonight to get the frontmount in. it fit like a glove. i couldnt be happier. here is a picture of it. i took it with my phone so the flash made it sloppy. but its clear ennough for you to make out what it looks like. it is centered perfectly. and the bumper cover sticking up in the bottom right is now flat. it was in needing of a little bit more "massaging"

IMAG0095.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

donkeylips

Sweet! I've also got a KG and I had a maroon TSI AWD just like that, both sunroof cars as well.

Last edited:

RedTwo

I wish that when I was on a budget build mine could included a new turbo! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

after dealing with my clutch grabbing higher and higher. i went to desants house to check out his vr4 today. and in the process relieved the pressure in teh master cylinder and readjusted my clutch. aside from my syncro grinding second. it drives 1000X better.

GirlyVR4

No idea if you still post on here, but this is my old GVR4. How is it coming along? And I actually rattle-can painted that car. The paint was a DISASTER when I bought it down in South Carolina.

Last edited:

speedyd718

just wanted to post this car is the number after mine. 840's rock.

desant78

real good source told me he recently sold her...

GirlyVR4

I did some browsing, and saw a buddy of his has it now from the looks of it.

desant78

^rumor has said "buddy" recently had this car crushed for a pretty lame reason...without telling anyone. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts