The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Lousy customer service

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmj

I was looking to replace my stock trans which was leaking oil and found a good deal on one listed by one of the reputable DSM trans rebuilders . The vendor said he had the item in stock and ready to ship no core required. This vendor did not accept paypal but requested a bank/cashiers check and would ship as soon the funds was recieved. I overnighted the bank check to the vendor on Feb 25th to be delivered before 12 noon on the next day. the following week on Thursday March 3 I contacted the vendor for a tracking # but was told that he recieved the money Wednesday the day before I called . He said he would ship right away and I would expect to get the trans on the following Tuesday the 8th . Needless to say the trans never showed up I called the vendor on the 10 th again requesting a tracking # he apologised and said he did not ship the trans until the 8th and I would recieve it on or about Tuesday 15th or Wednesday 16th this week .guess what still no trans. I called the vendor again and he said he would look into it and get back to me asap . never got back to me so I call back yesterday he again apologises and said he made a mistake and shipped to a wrong address and I will get my trans soon. He again will not provide a tracking # . Am I expecting to much or does this Guy not care for his customers?

Last edited:

steve

Wrong forum? Sounds like a BG post.

onesickcrx

Which place is this? Sounds like a crappy time dude. I went threw something similar to this with a vendor from the forum. It really hurts your motivation to complete these cars with places that drop the ball like this... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I wish you the best of luck

jepherz

Staff member
I'll make sure to never buy a trans from one of the top 3 DSM transmission builders...

Log a BG post if it becomes an issue.

boostedinaz

Quoting dmj:
one of the top 3 DSM trans rebuilders .

Looks like I'll just have to start shopping at 4 and below. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Quoting dmj:
The vendor who shall remain name less

Making you post pretty much worthless.

If we don't know who it is then what does it matter if they have bad service?

dmj

IF and when I get my trans I will make a post in the Bud Guy section. If you read the post I am not complaining about anyone's rep or quality of work just the customer service. I will re-edit the original post.

CSMShaun

Shipping items that have paid for in a timely and correct manner does have to do with reputation and quality. Unless you overnighted the banker's check on a weekend you know it was there the next day. MAYBE the day after.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
If a shipper will not give you a tracking number, I feel that is a sure sign they never shipped it.

turbowop

Bank/cashiers check? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif Are you sure you're dealing with the actual vendor? Was it advertised on their website or somewhere else?

dmj

Actual vendor. Spoke to him personally and stayed on the phone while he created the invoice and he mentioned that his guy was supposedly taking the trans off the shelf. The transmission was listed on his site. . The lack of communication is what fustrates me more than anything else. If he made a mistake and was honest about it I would understand, If he said ( I made a mistake and the trans was already sold and I need time to build another one or I need 2 weeks for your out of state bank check to clear before I ship etc. I know sh*t happens to everybody once in a while.

Last edited:

dmj

Transmission was delivered by Fed Ex today . Vendor apologised for delay. case closed and I won't be making a BG post.

2of9

Interesting...I won't be buying from that vendor then.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

dmj

Opened the box and much to my surprise the vendor gave me an upgraded trans worth at least 300.00 more than what I paid, to make up for dropping the ball on my order. I am very happy that I did not jump the gun and post him in the BG section without give him a chance to rectify the situation.

DR1665

Bitching about shipping delays, then not giving full credit where it's due when the vendor makes good with a $300 apology bonus is SO DSM.

You might have been frustrated by the delays and communication issues, but someone clearly made things right.

Out with it. Who's the upstanding vendor what took a loss on an apology?

ktmrider

^^ Look at the Good Guy posts...

1qkfwd

Had a feeling it was jon. I had this happen once. He stacked my trans with the cores. He's a great guy and will go overboard to make up for a minor mistake. If anyone has had a bad experience with TRE it was more than likely the customer that didn't understand. I felt bad the day I bought a press and trans tools so I could work on the trans myself. Shipping is just to dam much to send a trans back 2 maybe 3 times a year.

DR1665

Solid. Kudos to Jon @TRE.

Sorry if I came across snarky, but we just see too many people flipping out, to crucify vendors over minor inconveniences, who have nothing to say when things are made right. Seems to me the 4G63-powered community should be doing more to promote those vendors who do things right than throwing tantrums about those who don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts