The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Looking for a Radio / Headunit Manual

idreamidrive

I did a little searching and haven't found anything besides the "Because of the lack of technical support, service literature and parts from the manufacturer's, we have stopped repairing the Mitsubishi Car Stereos shown below. Listed are common problems only." from carstereohelp.com

Do any of you happen to have the service manual for our radios by chance?

I am having a problem with my rear speakers that they sometimes have work and sometimes don't. Usually cranking the volume up makes them come on or sticking the car in reverse. The wires, at least to the plug to the radio, have no resistance between the them for each individual wire. I sprayed the living crap out of the inside of the headunit with electronics cleaner and that didn't seem to help with this problem, did make the volume knob work better though. I am thinking it is internal, hence why I am looking for the manual.

thomcasey

Have you tried messing with the wire connections at the speaker or the speakers themselves? I am currently experiencing this in my 93 Mercedes. Just one speaker. Different stereo. Though you may have no resistance, you my not have a good enough connection to get the rears to work unless more power is pushed through the lines. I would start there.

idreamidrive

The reason I was thinking it was head unit was that both speakers in the rear go out at the same time. I would understand if it was just one speaker, but it is both, every single time.

I kind of just want to buy a new head unit anyways, but it has hard finding period correct ones. I am leaning towards this one: click

thomcasey

That is Amazon, Denmark. Don't you think the shipping may kill you to San Diego?

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Actually, Germany (DEutschland). Think Denmark is DK.

thomcasey

OK, either way shipping may be crazy, if they will even ship overseas.

idreamidrive

It's only like $30 to ship it from Germany. There is also a ebay store that will ship it: click
And I also have friends that live over in Germany that might be able to grab it for me, but the convience factor of just ordering it from Ebay seems worth it.

If it lit up green, it would already be in my car. I really don't like the red lights that we can use for dash lights.

Dasith

fitted this yesterday,

factory Mitsubishi with all the modern tech. USB AUX Bluetooth etc. and doesn't look out of place in the car

strokin4dr

What year and model is that from?

Dasith

Most Mitsubishi's from 2009 /2010 onwards. mine is from a 2010 Colt,
but the same unit comes in 2014 Mitsubishi Tritons as well.

also the same unit is on 2014 Toyota Hiace vans/ Nissan Patrols.

the Unit is made by Fujitsu-Ten, but comes with many japanese manufacturers from factory with the suitable patch loom..

Ebay bit expensive to buy it online but i got mine from a wrecker for $50. so look in your local wrecking yards.

Last edited:

citymunky

Not one of those vehicles that you listed are sold here in the US. Sad since that doesn't look so bad in the car.

Flow soldering operation was somewhat marginal on the original OEM radios. I had to re-solder some header connections on the board to fix intermittent faceplate lighting. I have no idea though if the rear speaker connections have the same issues. Just a FYI.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned