The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Looking for a Clutch kits under $300 what are good options.

Vr4junkie

Like the title says im in the hunt for a good clutch kit.

For now the car is going to be a DD and stock for now plan on upgrading to a big 16g then maybe a hx35 in a year or two once I get all supporting mods. Ill be happy with 350whp mostly weekend warrior/DD no launching maybe auto x once in a while.
Heres a few I been looking at

click

click seen good and bad reviews on this one

tsitalon1

Try Southbend clutch (dxd racing clutch) stage 2, 320ft/lbs for $195.

I have used SBC in two different cars now, both with 500hp and had Zero issues.

Vr4junkie

I just checked out that stage 2 from SBC seems like a perrty good deal.

How many miles do you have on it and what's your driving style and what do you think of it also did you get the cryo strength option?

transparentdsm

im using this and have used this in a few applications over 350awhp and it worked fine. look for my post i only paid 110 for my clutch

Vr4junkie

The F1 stage 2 clutch ill check it out ...might just get that South Bend Clutch looks like a good buy ill just wait see what other options I have.

KiNgMaRtY

I also have had a good prior experience with South Bend before. I had a DXD Stage 3 in a 1989 Mazda MX-6 Turbo 4WS That I had. Soft pedal and didn't slip. The car was only making about 220HP and 310lbs of Torque

Okayplayer

I've heard good things about south bend clutches. I plan on using them next time around.

Boos929

Where are you ordering these from ? I'm in need of a clutch and seems like a good
Deal

Vr4junkie

Heres the link I checked out click for 195 seems like a sweet deal I wanna see what that cyro strength process is all about.

Last edited:

tsitalon1

I haven't used this particular model yet...I should have it in hand by Thursday though.

As I said before, I have used there 500+hp models before with Zero problems. In fact, they made a custom clutch for me when I had my 500BHP Evo X.

524of1000

Quoting vr4junkie:
The F1 stage 2 clutch ill check it out ...

No. We ran an F1 clutch in one of our galants and the springs popped out within 500 miles. If you're going to run an ebay clutch, check out XTD's unsprung kit. I'm running the stage 4 unsprung in mine and it's not bad so far. It grabs like a MOFO though...

Vr4junkie

I was thinking of getting there stage 4 clutch I heard it really grabs and could take quite a beating but I guess those particular clutchs life span isnt so great is this true?

524of1000

The XTD in my car is still fairly new, so I can't comment on longevity, but it does grab like a fat kid in a candy buffet. The clutch pedal is much heavier than stock, but not unreasonable.

Boos929

Do our cars take a 20 spline clutch disc or 24 trying to order a clutch today

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned