The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Longer spark plug wires

CarRacer

I mounted the coil on the strut tower in my car and now I need longer plug wires, I googled but the signal to noise was bad. I saw 1051 is running them but it was a passing mention. Where can I get a set?

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Kingsborne maybe it was that makes some custom ones? I seem to remember that 1051 has Accel cut to fit set.

FlyingEagle

Staff member
Curious to see if NGK said anything about custom lengths.

They DO NOT make custom length wires, IE Universal wires, in this regard.

Their quote ....

"Frequently Asked Questions - NGK Wire Sets

Q: Are NGK wire sets universal?

A: NGK wire sets are custom manufactured to the exact dimensions of the application. There are no universal sets. Additionally, each individual NGK wire is labeled for the particular cylinder number for virtually fool-proof installation."

CarRacer

I wonder if ngk will sell individual wires? I only really need one of the four to be longer.

turbowop

I run MSD wires. I don't remember the part number. You just cut them to your required length and crimp on one end. Comes with the tool needed as well. Been working on my car since I put on the Magnus SMIM, which I think was around '06/'07ish.

*edit*

MSD-32499 is the part number, but most places are now saying unavailable. That sucks.

click

Last edited:

tektic

I don't personally run them.

How many evo guys swap in coil packs and spark plug wires?

CarRacer

Thanks for the information guys, I'll have to call around and see what's available.

slugsgomoo

The JNZ coil relocation bracket is pretty inexpensive and works with factory length wires, would it fit on your car?

jepherz

Staff member
Quoting CarRacer:
I wonder if ngk will sell individual wires? I only really need one of the four to be longer.

Buy a second set if you need the shortest longer?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts