The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Logging Interpretation....

chrisfullwood

RPM: 1531 COOL: 33.6degC FTRL: 139.8% LBMN: 2.27
INJP: 2.55ms AIRT: 24.6degC FTRM: 131.2% FLG0: f-
KNCK: 0 BARO: 0.96bar FTRH: 95.3% FLG1: -p
TPS: 15.2% VSS: 66 GREV: 0.32 FLG2: -----
INJD: 3.1% BATT: 12.1 ISC: 30% O2: 0.00v
TIMA: 25deg MAP: -28.27bar ANA1: 41 ACLE: 0%
MAFS: 37.7hz ANA2: 41 FTO2: 100%

This was a snippet of my log that i'm looking at i literally started it, ran it for a minute at its own idle, then shut it off. I dont have a serial port on my laptop, so ill download the log tomorrow at work. But, i dont know what all of that is. i know what the labels are, but im not experienced enough in galants (not electronically...) mechanically i know it all to well like we all do.

I have a stage 3 keydiver eprom chip, 550CC injectors. base fuel pressure around 37psi (AFPR), walbro 255 with rewire, 2G maf, NA throttle body. shoot questions at me, and help me understand what all that means, so i can figure out why my car doesnt ever seem to run right, regardless of part swapping.

Thanks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

chrisfullwood

i googled a bunch of it to try to interpret it, without success. where are the experts up in here /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

pot

Staff member
I don't have any links to forward you, however if you Google: Pocketlogger, MMcd, and TMO you will find a host of parameters for each of the outputs you cited along w/ a definition.

chrisfullwood

Well i googled more, i found a little, but it really didn't help me understand much about what my car is doing. so tomorrow i guess ill try to take my car out, sadly i cant hit the boost because the out pipe on my Intercooler got busted backing off of a set of ramps, i got it to basically hang on, i'm waiting for new pipes to arrive. So ill have to run it really gently.

Ill have to see, i started it up today, and it made some very unsavory noises. but it smoothed out.
the joy of a 4G63

AnotherNewb

web page

Here is a link that helped explain a lot for me.

But... if you are only at idle then your tps is way off. Your fuel trims are all high suggesting massive boost leak or a blow off valve venting to air but you said your lower pipe is busted. If you still have a draw threw maf sensor that is why your trims are out of wack and wont be right till you fix the pipe. Besides, you'll kill your turbo since it is always going to achieve boost and over speeding.

Last edited:

chrisfullwood

Thanks for the info, i managed to get the pipe to seal enough so that it doesn't die at idle, but it is high, and has been for a while but i dont know why. Im wondering if its leaking in the BOV. i've got new pipes on the way, hopefully next week, with a replacement BOV, intercooler and couplers. So hopefully that will take care of it. I wish i had an air compressor so i could do a boost leak test, sadly i dont. Im going to pull the timing belt off and use the new cool Cam alignment tool, then check some other things out, i noticed the O2 sensor is showing zero volts. the connector completely broke, and i think a wire got put in the wrong place, which would cause major issues right?

Thanks again
Chris

DR1665

Yeah, dude. Vac/boost leak + no O2 = issues.

With a good O2, you can drive around easily at part throttle no problems. Maybe 20% throttle tops, but if you put much of a load on the engine, it will sh*t the bed on you. (I've test driven mine without the MAF and IC connected before. After re-attaching the entire front end.)

I've also had a TPS go awry once the engine was up to temp, but I suspect the ECU has no idea how much air it's getting and can't even guess AFR, so is probably trying to save you a more expensive headache. Until you fix the leak and O2, any other advice would be headed in the wrong direction.

Maybe your next mod would be to go speed density with Jackal? Also, you can get a Keyspan USB/serial adapter and null modem adapter and use that laptop to log for less than $30. (I run MMcD and it works beautifully.)

Good luck.

chrisfullwood

Whats weird, is on my SAFC2 the TPS reports accurately. i didnt think to compare the other numbers.
i didnt get around to working on the car this weekend, i might try to tonight, re-do the timing, and check some other things out.

ill post what i find, and see if it offers any explanation for my cars retardness.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned