The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

LIV4PSI, an introduction thread, with pics

LIV4PSI

So I bought 1501 from my little brother and month or so ago, but never really introduced myself. I kinda just took over his intro thread for the car. I plan on being a very active member of the community and have big plans for 1501, so I figured I should make a proper thread.

My name is Craig, and I am 28. For the last few years I have been going to Ohio State (graduate this spring) and I have been parting out cars and flipping junkyard parts to pay the bills. Just your average broke college student. I picked up my Galant from my little brother, who bought it from my best friend Mark. It was bone stock when Mark bought it, and he got fed up fixing problems before it was sorted out. My brother threw in the towel after the second thing broke /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif I wasn't ready to make the GVR4 mine yet as my other car isn't finished, but I couldn't let it get away so after whoring myself out to fat chicks, its mine.

I currently own an 04 Subaru STI as a daily driver. Although I am very much a Subaru guy, I started out with Mitsubishis. My first turbo car was a 1995 Eclipse GSX. I daily drove it for a few years, and after it spun a rod bearing I moved on to 1gs. I had a 1990 GSX and later a 1993 GSX as well that was much nicer. I got tired of having a $9k car that was only worth $4k and parted it out. Spent a couple years trying to get an FD RX7 running, gave up and parted it out and started looking for an EVO. Ended up finding a WRX that was too cheap to walk away from, and have been into Subies ever since. Here is a link to my STI build thread and some random pics

STIbuild

DSC00422.jpg

DSC00196.jpg

rx72.jpg

DSC01205.jpg

IMG_20110813_184417.jpg

PART_1302931234275.jpg

If anyone noticed a trend of me parting out cars, I promise it will never happen to 1501. I am its final owner, and it will never get sold or parted out. I plan to let it take over some DD duties before I get too crazy with it. Hoping for a reliable 11 second street car, that can go high 10's when I feel like getting kicked out by tech guys. Anyways, here is a link to my build thread already in progress on here, which I will be updating tonight or tomorrow with some pics of parts I have bought recently. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

1501build

Last edited:

GSX_TC

That was a clean ass FD, did You ever actually get it running before you got rid of it?

James

So the reason you didn't stay a mitsu guy is because you didn't get the Evo. I would take Evo>sti any day.

Some clean cars in that line up!

LIV4PSI

Quoting GSX_TC:
That was a clean ass FD, did You ever actually get it running before you got rid of it?

Nope, it was a JSB until I parted it out, kind of a long story. I have owned a few of them, FDs are my Elanor. The red one was my first. I bought it from a shady dealer and found out it was only running on one rotor. I started researching engine builds and decided to do an LS1 swap. I rounded up a 6 speed and some other parts and changed my mind. After two years on owning it and saving, I bought a parts car with a good engine and some other goodies. Then some asshole broke into my garage and stole about $4k worth of my parts. Took my single turbo setup, all the fuel support, methanol, wideband and other gauges, wheels and tires, and lots more. After driving a poop brown 1991 Honda Accord for the entire time I owned the FD, I couldn't take starting over. I decided to part it out and buy a car I could DD, so I looked for an EVO and ended up with an STI.

LIV4PSI

Quoting James:
So the reason you didn't stay a mitsu guy is because you didn't get the Evo. I would take Evo>sti any day.

Some clean cars in that line up!

Now I have the GVR4 I don't have to pick. I can't really say I'll ever be strictly a Mitsubishi guy or Subaru guy or Mazda guy or whatever. I am a car guy, period. If it has a combustion engine I can hang a turbo off of it, I like it. I never understood the whole Mitsubishi vs Subaru thing. They are both great cars with individual strengths and weaknesses. From a strict performance standpoint, I do think the EVO is a better car. I like Subaru as a company much more. I won't own a Mitsubishi that isn't 4G63 equipped.

GSX_TC

Sorry to hear that man, I hate thieves.

LIV4PSI

I'm two posts away from being a member. Yay. So I figured I would bump my threads. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts