The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Let's talk about boost gauges.

coyotes

So I'm pretty much done with power for now until I get my new engine put in, and even though I'm only running off stock wastegate pressure (removed BCS) I would like to get a boost gauge. I would like something that would link up with DSMlink, but I guess that's not really terribly important. I don't want any crappy autometer gauges either. Show me what you run with and why you like it. I've been leaning towards the AEM digital or the Innovate.

transparentdsm

go speed density or get a MAP sensor if you want to log your boost with link and get any mechanical boost gauge that fits your personality. other then that you need a boost gauge with a 5v output and hook it to one of your non-used ecu inputs.... like egr input or something..

edit: its kinda not needed in link unless your running SD.

Last edited:

EHmotorsports

I run a crappy auto meter and it works great. It's within .5psi to my map sensor. Go SD and log boost.

coyotes

Quoting EHmotorsports:
I run a crappy auto meter and it works great. It's within .5psi to my map sensor. Go SD and log boost.

I hate them! LOL. I have had a few and they never reset to 0, it's always above or below.

20130701_193854_zps7f321165.jpg

high class. I guess I will do SD or whatever but that is a ways off. Maybe I'll worry about boost gauges for another time. I just have all these dollars burning a hole in my pocket.

Jesus_Negros

Go with VDO /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

turbowop

Even if not running SD, being able to log boost is extremely helpful when studying logs, IMO. I used a GM 3bar on 503 but was still running a maf.

G

Staff member
Omori, defi, hks, greddy, apex-i, blitz, stack , vdo.

Last edited:

curtis

Quoting coyotes:
Quoting EHmotorsports:

I hate them! LOL. I have had a few and they never reset to 0, it's always above or below.

high class. I guess I will do SD or whatever but that is a ways off. Maybe I'll worry about boost gauges for another time. I just have all these dollars burning a hole in my pocket.

Thw newer ones have a shipment pin installed thats suppose to help with this but you can remove the light bulb from the back and reach in there with a screwdriver, scribe etc and push down or pull up on the brass tube and get it dialed straight up at zero within 30 seconds or less. Just push up or down with some pressure to 10psi and see where it ends up, then not enough go higher until it sits at 0. If your reading this and have this issue, your welcome.

RayH

Old school HKS disassembled and mounted in instrument panel.

img.jpg

Last edited:

Wookalar

Autometers are crappy? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif Better inform nelson racing engines, saleen, chip foose, troy trepanwhatever, and hundreds of thousands of gearheads race car drivers etc who run them in their race cars.

Carbon fiber and pro comp series for the win. Autometer are also made in USA.

Wookalar

Quoting coyotes:
Quoting EHmotorsports:

Are you shoving the gauge in there to where the gauge housing is under pressure from the vent bezel?

Is this thread about speed density or gauges?

Last edited:

G

Staff member
Autometer quality is garbage compared to what else is available on the global market.

Last edited:

92_talon_awd

I had an innovate boost gauge a while back, liked it a lot. I like all of their gauges.

EMX5636

I have had to adjust a couple Autometer boost gauges, but they've always read correctly when I log against them. I'm running the AEM digital boost gauge now because it matched the wideband, and I'm doubling the 5-bar MAP sensor as my SD input.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts