The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Last Pictures of 46/1000 Prior to Storage

Chim55117

It's been a good few months of modifying the VR-4, but it is time to put it away for winter. I managed to get my hands on the OEM Mitsubishi crush washers for the oil drain, and fix that oil leak. Also replaced my heat core hoses, so no more leaks there. Completely free of fluid leaks as of right now.

I do however need a new alternator belt, but I will probably address that issue later down the road. For now, here are the few pictures I snapped of the car before leaving work today. Enjoy!

14733_369420190606_685700606_10136406_2240811_n.jpg

14733_369419405606_685700606_10136396_4941729_n.jpg

As of right now, 46/1000 is sitting at a friend's garage, with a battery tender attached, and a full tank of Stabil treated BP 93 octane with Invigorate. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Looks like working on the car is out of the question for the next few months in Minnesota! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif

iLLeffeKt vr-4

What a waste

Barnes

I wouldn't want to drive it in Minnesota either. Don't they salt there?

turbowop

Yeah. Search for "rust" on the board to see why I wouldn't drive my nice gvr4 around there in the winter. You could argue that it's a waste to drive it in the winter as well. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

2of9

Quoting BarnesMobile:
I wouldn't want to drive it in Minnesota either. Don't they salt there?

yes they do...but awd is 'the bomb' when it comes to 3 inches of snow on the road. plus, i don't mind washing my car once a week. It's awd/aws for a reason! lol.

turbowop

That's why I have two. One to look pretty in the garage and one for driving and thrashing in the snow.

In fact, snow is in the forecast tonight locally. I hope it dumps so I can go out and rally. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

turbowop

It's starting to pile up. On my way home from BestBuy tonight I was hauling ass. Everybody was driving so slow and I was drifting around corners. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

sixsixtwo

Yea, Minnesota winters are really harsh on cars. Salted roads = the slow death of a VR4. That's why I have my GSX! I just got a set of fresh blizzaks and i have a spare front bumper where the paint is already chipping. I'm very excited for the next snowfall /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif My Galant on the other hand just sits and stares at me..

524of1000

I LOVE TEXAS!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned