The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Laptop in-car mount

mr.mitsu

Has anyone successfully installed a laptop mount for tuning purposes?

I like the ones the cops use or even some service vehicles.

Where would be an optimal mounting spot?

I was thinking of making my own. Mounting it to the passenger seat rails some how would provide the sturdiest foundation.

Thanks do you guys think?

LIV4PSI

How often do you adjust your tune? It reminds me of something a ricer Honda would do.

James

I can't figure out how to explain it but a buddy of mine had his bolted to the center consol near the Radio area. Off of the bracket he had a system of square iron tubing with pivot spots throughout and at the end was a shelf the size of his laptop. When all closed up it tucked away nicely and didn't get in the way. When unopened it there was still room for the passenger to sit and if it wasn't locked in place it could pivot between and easy to operate place for the driver or over to a easy to operate place by the passenger.

Don't know how else to explain it without picture but it was super clean looking and was probably overkill

Last edited:

mr.mitsu

I guess I won't be tuning enough to justify buying/fabbing a table /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

The ends doesn't justify the means lol

mr.mitsu

That's pretty sweet /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

How much do those run?

LIV4PSI

Price in the link says $1,139.00

PlatypusOfFury

there's an android based one for around 700. was thinking of getting that for 669.
too bad DSMLink doesn't have an android app yet:(

Like said, going for broke on 849 in terms of badassery!
that Win8 stereo+DSMLink should add a little more awesomeness to it.

rebelboost

This is so sweet! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif I wounder if the future cops will be able to use this to shut off any car. Google just changed their user agreement so they can use our face and details for advertisement gain. So, I don't see my paranoid delusional prediction to far off. but, at least i will be able to video chat with my gf when I get car jacked by cops. BTW OP, i think if you have the funds this option would be the cleanest, however, if you do tackle the laptop mount task, I would love to see the build with pic's.. GL /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

KiNgMaRtY

They sure have gotten better over the years. I didn't see any mention of aux or amp preouts though

BpuVR4

surely someone on here would fab up a ipad or something that is mounted in the glovebox?

prove_it

I don't sit and tune my car all the time, but I always wanted a mount to make the keypad more accessible during driving. Right now I have to use the seat belt to strap it down so when I brake to avoid tickets the laptop doesn't go flying. Makes hitting keys (such as log start) awkward.

I'd love to see a design that's not permanent. Something that can be used during tuning only.

prove_it

Quoting slugsgomoo:
I've found that a passenger is a good laptop mount...

Sometimes a passenger is a hard to find part....

rebelboost

awwww! Just come on down to Fla and I will be your laptop mount /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

gvr4ever

What year is this? Why mount a full size laptop? Can't you use a tablet?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts