The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Koyo Radiator

KiNgMaRtY

While working on my idle issue last night, I noticed steam coming out of my radiator. I looked closer and the fins were soaked with fluid on the drivers size. So time for a new radiator.

Reading through some threads, it appears that the Koyo Evo III radiator fits the VR-4. just needing some spacers on the bottom. My questions are: are the Evo 1-3 radiators all the same as I see them listed Evo 1-3? Do I need to weld in a bung for the sensor?

Thank you. I assume I may be needing some slim fans as well as the clearance is already tight with the OEM like radiator.

kama1

my friend has an evo3 koyo rad and im using a generic alum/ebay evo3 both in galants.spacers at the bottom and a slim fan is a must.
as for the sensor you can either weld a bung on it or use a radiator hose adaptor.

spooling92vr4

I just did this, I bought a hose adapter but than decided to weld a bung into the rad. other than that it was a bolt in affair, If you go with the koyo remember you also have to purchase a cap seperately as our stock cap wont fit.. the koyo caps another 25 bucks.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts