The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

knock sensor.

JackstandTSi

Im on the verge of putting my engine back in 650, and noticed the knock sensor pigtail off the harness is missing. I was looking for one on the facebook page and someone had said the wiring for the knock sensor is unique and a normal 1g/gvr4 would be a hit or miss with using one. Is there something i can do to fix this issue or find a new harness. Any help is appreciated i would like to get this thing going.

Thank you.

prove_it

Nope, the 1G dsm knock sensor is the same. The 2G/evo won't work.

You can find an OEM re-box sensor at Advanced auto for under $50 bucks. I forget which brand it is.

prove_it

Wait, do you mean the connector on the engine harness is missing?

prove_it

Should be able to steal one off of a 1G harness. Hopefully the shielding isn't torn up too bad.

slugsgomoo

Sorry, I am the one who mentioned it, I didn't know it was just the connector being torn off, you maybe able to repair that. The wiring on the harness side for the sensor has special shielding, and replicating that is difficult. If it's still there you will probably be fine.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned