The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Keyless Entry

transparentdsm

PART / COLOR / LOCATION

12 VOLT CONSTANT / WHITE (+) / IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS

STARTER / BLACK/YELLOW (+) / IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS

IGNITION 1 / BLACK/WHITE (+) / IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS

ACCESSORY/HEATER BLOWER 1 / BLUE/BLACK (+) / IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS

PARKING LIGHTS ( + ) / GREEN/WHITE (+) / IN DRIVERS KICK PANEL

POWER LOCK / BROWN/WHITE (TYPE B) / @ RELAY BLOCK, ABOVE FUSEBOX

POWER UNLOCK / BROWN/BLUE (TYPE B) / @ RELAY BLOCK, ABOVE FUSEBOX

DOOR TRIGGER/ RED/GREEN (-) / IN DRIVERS KICK PANEL

HORN / GREEN/BLACK (-) / @ STEERING COLUMN HARNESS

TACH / YELLOW/BLACK / @ IGNITION COIL

BRAKE / GREEN (+) / @ SWITCH ABOVE BRAKE PEDAL

ALL OTHER LEFT OVER WIRES SHOULD BE INDIVIDUALLY TAPED OFF AND ZIP TIED OUT OF THE WAY.

I have found the wiring diagram for it and broke it down to this. I will now be ordering a keyless entry system, It's a Audiovox AA925 3-button Remote Keyless Entry System. It's extremely inexpensive and looks small enough to fit inside of the Evo flip keys i am making. I will post pictures of the product and installation as i move along.

Last edited:

transparentdsm

so i got around to installing the unit, everything is pretty easy to install except finding the relay to tap the lock unlock button into, so here are pictures of the relay and where the wires are. took me maybe 40 minutes to install the whole thing. thats counting pulling the car apart and putting it back together.

this is the relay, remove the two screws and flip that whole block over.

these are the wires, this is the lock, the unlock is in the back on the oposite side, i couldn't take a picutre that was good enough.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts