The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

keydiver launch control removal

My car has the keydiver chip with a 4500 rpm launch control which was functioning properly. It has always been too low of an rev for a decent launch, and I never "no lift to shift", so while doing the pedal assembly repair, I thought I'd go ahead and cut the wire between the ecu and the clutch switch. Now it won't rev past 4500 at all. My thinking is that I need to either ground out or supply power to the ecu side of that wire, but which is it? And if I power it, 5v or 12v? Maybe I should just weasel up under the passenger side of the dash and reconnect the wire that you have to cut to install the pedal wire? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Brunoboy

the wire from the clutch switch goes to another wire above the switch. I think without it hooked up, it always thinks your clutch is depressed.

Diego

How many tacos will it take for you to show me that wire... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

Diego

Good deal, now how many do I need to buy for us to hang out. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

If you want to hang out, you just have to say something. Now that the clutch is finally right on my car, I will drive it anywhere.

Diego

Next weekend ey.... hmm... I'm in as long as I don't work... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

on my old keydriver I was able to select the 2step rev limit with the clutch pedal. I dont remember the exact process, but it might help ya out to research it.

marvinmadman

The Launch rpm was adjustable via the Gas pedal with the Key On Engine OFF.

PreskitVR4

I could run mine all the way up to 6k with pedal taps, it illuminated one light on the factory boost gauge for every 500 rpm increment.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned