The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

k sports

makedollarz

I need some sort of suspension upgrade badly. Stock setup isnt cutting it anymore. I think Im gonna go with the Ksports, but im not sure if I should get the Kontrol Pros for $900 or spend the $400 for the GT Pro which are about $1300. anyone have experience with both?

car is somewhat a daily driver

thanks

turbowop

Daily driver in Colorado means you'll be driving in below freezing temps right? I think the K-sports advise against that and others that didn't pay attention to that warning now have blown/leaking coilovers. For what it's worth.

makedollarz

yeah i would be driving in cold temps in the winter...thanks for the heads up. Anyone else have an issue with them in cold weather?

evo8ya

I run the Kontrol Pro's and they are awesome. I also ran mine all winter in single digit temps and through the feet of snow we got in MD/PA with no problems. Just keep the threads soaked with wd40 and clean them off good before you make adjustment and you should be fine.

Last edited:

makedollarz

Ok, I think Im gonna try them maybe just not drive so much in the winter. Can you fit 225/45/18's with ksports? I had some 225/35/18's on the stock suspension and I thought the car drove terrible on any sort of bump or crack in the road. Im guessing the small sidewall was mostly to blame right?

evo8ya

My ride with my stock wheels and snow tires weas alittle bouncy at times. With my summer wheel/tire setup with stiffer sidewalls the ride def improved. Run them on the softest dampning setting on the street and it'll ride pretty good. If you were able to fit 18's with the stock struts, you'll have no prob with the k-sports

Last edited:

prove_it

It's my opinion that coilovers are not meant for winter driving at all. Salt and corrosion leads to issues and when you spend that much for suspension why trash it during the winter. Plan ahead and maybe purchase something with winter in mind or like I plan to do is have a summer suspension and winter suspension. Evo suspension swaps are great for daily drivers and will tighten up the ride.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned