The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

K&N project picture request please

curtis

Finishing up a buddies car in the next few days weather permitting. Problem is space

This little filter is just there to keep bees and trash out. You can see I only have about 6 inches or so from the frame rail. Not enough to support big end hp. Thinking about mounting a panel filter behind where the fog light should go and building a sheetmetal box but the one K&N panel I have is kind of small but he has one as well so I can do one on the front side and one on the back and bring a structure beside the front mount and to the inlet and connect with a 4 inch round piece of tubing welded to the box.

So if any one has any pictures of cool air filter box designs etc please post up.

curtis

click me

Link is from K&N says a na 350 motor needs 92 square inches of filter so this thing at over 40psi will need over 150 sq inches. Going to need a bigger filter. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

GreenGSX

screw the filter just run a screen and keep your fingers/small children clear.

broxma

Pantyhose + Rubberband = Win.

/brox

Last edited:

vapid

^^^^ weekend plans?

curtis

Well if it was a drag car I'd do a piece of screen but this is a street car and going to the dyno first so it needs a tune with what it will run on the street and track.

RedTwo

Quoting broxma:
Pantyhose + Rubberband = Win.

/brox

....I saw that first hand on a Honda CRX - intake cone was about 1 foot in diameter and the pantyhose had a run in them /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jawdrop.gif

Dang, 150 square inches is almost 1 square metre! I guess that's not too huge when you think about it - 100x100mm.

I shall venture outside and take photos of my box and maybe some of curtis's brackets and my new seats...

Have you considered replacing the radiator with a big filter and place radiator horizontal like drift/drag/rally cars? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

belize1334

Could you put a 90* bend right at the compressor, pointed down, and then hang an oval, off-center filter?

Give us another picture from the other direction so that we can see the shape of the space more clearly.

Last edited:

curtis

We screened it for now, I had some thick stainless screen which I don't like running but were limited for now because his cash flow is running low.

Below the turbo is intercooler pipe and the fenderwell area isn't that large. He now doesn't want to run a box out and around to the foglight opening because the intercooler want look symmetrical. Probably just get on K&N site and order something that fits later on.

I'll post pictures later because he doesn't want the car on the internet till he's broke off the haters thats been running there mouths 4 years of jack stand ballin.

What " is that turbo inlet. I might have a solution for you. Answer your phone once in awhile will you? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

curtis

Yea I was under the car running -12 when you called. I'll call you back after lunch

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts