The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

just removed dash

just removed the dash in about 3 hours and I'll be doing a FAQ with pictures and a write up and locations of bolts, screws and nuts to remove. Anyone need pictures while its out? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Wouldn't hurt. I'm about to take mine out for like the 4th time but mines for a cage install.

Some pics of the heater core and other HVAC apparatii would be good, as that seems to be the #1 reason for a dash removal. Maybe also some of the steering column? Or wiring would be good; be much easier to find stuff under there if you knew right where it was (like having x ray vision) instead of imagining where some nutty engineer decided it should go. Also the assorted bracketry and whatnot for those who want to do an '89 parts installation.

i got pics of the Ground locations under the dash which were 3 grounds. i'll take pics of the hvac and heater core.

How would I go about taking pictures of the wiring?

BoostedAWD91

yeah i need to see a pic or info on which way the cable runs for the HVAC levels adjustment knob. I ran my the wrong way when i reinstalled the dash so i could only turn the knob on defrost and on the floor.

Quote:
yeah i need to see a pic or info on which way the cable runs for the HVAC levels adjustment knob. I ran my the wrong way when i reinstalled the dash so i could only turn the knob on defrost and on the floor.

okay, tomorrow i'll post them up. Today, I went to picknpull and found a load of parts and a load of eclipses at the Newark location. Picked up a 4-bolt with a ST suspension Sway bar already on the rear subframe. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Big Thanks to ward (467) for helping pull and bring it to my home /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

powerplay

Here are a couple of pictures. I hope they help someone.

If it's not too late, I'd like some pics of the underside of the dash, namely the center pocket where the badge is, and also whatever's right underneath there. I'd like to cut a hole to run my SAFC wiring, but don't know what's under there, lol.

Quote:

here you go

Quote:
If it's not too late, I'd like some pics of the underside of the dash, namely the center pocket where the badge is, and also whatever's right underneath there. I'd like to cut a hole to run my SAFC wiring, but don't know what's under there, lol.

I took some pics of it and you can drill through it but 1" below is the vent tubes. so don't go further than 1/3", The dash isn't more than 1/8" to 1/4" thick. hold the drill with a slight pull instead of push.

Ok cool. I was thinking of drilling through where the badge goes, so I can always return it to stock looking later if I wish; is there anything behind that? Thank you so much!

hold up, let me take a look when its on commercial. im watching medium. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Quote:
Ok cool. I was thinking of drilling through where the badge goes, so I can always return it to stock looking later if I wish; is there anything behind that? Thank you so much!

There is the vent tube which is 1/4" away from the dash behind the badge. I would be very careful when drilling that part.

Post a picture of the back side of the center vent. People are always asking how to remove & replace that when it's broken. The only way to do it is to remove the dash because it's bolted on from the back.

steve

Theres already a hole a bit to the left of the stock badge location.

powerplay

Here are a couple of pictures from the backside of the dash with the plastic duct work removed. When the duct work is in place you can't see any of the area behind the clock or tray.

steve

More complete thread was moved to Info Archive.

BoostedAWD91

ok thanks, that helped out greatly. i had the HVAC cable behind the stereo support bracket which screwed it up. ill reroute it correctly which should solve my problem.
Was the parts place u found all that stuff in Newark, NJ? that is where i bought my Galant Vr4 back in march from a guy at a body shop

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts