The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Just got my ETS FMIC kit, is this right???

WaRrIoRs16

I just got my FMIC kit from ETS and it looks like the 45* coupler that goes on the hot side of the intercooler is too large. I measured it and it was 2.75" and parts list says it should be 2.5" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

You can see how loose it is in this video I uploaded. click

I lubed up the outside of the coupler and the inside of the clamp and was able to forcefully get the clamp on. It's still circular in the clamp so I think I'm going to try and use it anyways because I want to hit up the track this Friday. Worst case scenario it leaks and I just ride it out til I get a replacement. SD doesn't mind the leak while daily driving.

4thStroke

The inside diameter measures 2.75"? All the other couplers fit tighter and measure 2.5"?

If you can get the clamp on as well as it to seal decently on the pipe and seal without it bunching, I'd say go for it unless it gives you a reason to not use it.

GSX_TC

Are u going to post pics of the install? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

WaRrIoRs16

Yeah I was able to get it on a pipe and tightened down without it bunching up. I will do a boost leak test to at least 25 psi after I get it installed. Hoping to start the install tomorrow evening and finish late tomorrow night.

Yeah I will try to take some snap shots.

GSX_TC

Sweet

Nartanian

Yea I'd call em up or email them too. The guys at ETS are pretty cool. They will more than likely replace it for you at no charge if you're willing to just have a few days of down time.

WaRrIoRs16

I just got off the phone with ETS. They said they will ship me out a new one immediately and since I'm in WA, it will be here tomorrow for sure. Great customer service.

I'm sure there are down sized couplers that will work. I'm gonna go watch some family guy now.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts