The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

just bought gvr4 PlEASE help not boosting and cant idle

yeti

How much did u get your car for?
Cause if you got it for more than 1800$
I think I'm in the fair for telling the owner I want to buy it.
But I'm stil going to call and see if I can get the car physically diagnosed tommarow by southcali vr4

Ya I paid more like 3k but the body is real nice as is the interior so ups and downs ...right now im in the middle of replacing my lifters then fixing boost leaks

yeti

Ya just got off the phone with owner making sure the person who's on the title comes to the transaction and signes the bill of sale

The car I got just got brand new paint job so this car doesent look bad at all
I just have a feeling the the car has a lot of little problems and the previous owner never took care of the car
Can I re use gauge hook ups cause I think they are the wires to 3
3 of then are wires and one is a steel cable with a sensor on one end

Diego

Steel cable is probably for an EGT or oil/water temp gauge.

New paint alone would be 1~1,200 bucks alone ish ( at least that's price round here for decent)

yeti

Paint job was 900 I'm preety sure imma buy but I wanna nakne sure there are no serious problems that makes. The car take a $hit

yeti

im hitting fuel cut to early

ALSO found out that the car was previously owned by someone on this website if you want to see what they posted about it SEARCH "1292/2000"

coolclean577

How earlyer you getting fuel cut? Have you change like your plugs and wires . Bec I was getting cut in 577 just change that and run alittle better. Bec I was geting cut about 4rpm 4.5rpms. Or could be fuel pump too.

steve

Fuel cut has nothing to do with spark plugs, etc. First off, why do you say you're getting fuel cut? How have you determined this? Could it be a misfire?

If it really is fuel cut, you probably have a boost leak and the turbo is pulling lots of air through the MAS with ease, because the air its pushing into the charge pipes is just escaping.

SouthCaliVR4

He's got huge electrical issues. Right now we cant trust any sensor inputs. He's gonna try & bring it up to my place this weekend & we'll sort through everything. at the moment, brake lights only when engine running, dash lights & markers only come on with brake lights. boost gauge (fact) nails max with any amount of throttle & then the ecu throws it into fuel cut. I honestly think fixing the wiring will cure up 90% of his issues.

then we'll get the blow off valve recirculated & get a boost controller in there. I have an old autometer boost gauge I'm giving him so we can see what the hell it's actualy doing.

Decent car though & has a jdm rear bumper so between that & that fresh paint it'll be hard for him to go wrong with this car.

Mostly it's a mater of clearing up the electrical system issues & replacing a bunch of missing grounds.

yeti

Just bought car for 1800 he wouldent come down any he said he had someone else who would but it so I didn't want to argue just bought it I like the car and the history hopefully gonna put the alternator on and go try and figure the electrical problems how hard is it to replace an axle

yeti

Should I get a used one if I can find it
And I'm trying to find out if my friend will drive the car up this weekend
What day this weekend should I come up if possible

steve

yeti,

Don't take this the wrong way, but it will be really beneficial for everyone if you can slow down and use some punctuation and sentences in your posts. Your posts read like stream-of-conscousnes.

Example:

Quoting yeti:
Just bought car for 1800 he wouldent come down any he said he had someone else who would but it so I didn't want to argue just bought it I like the car and the history hopefully gonna put the alternator on and go try and figure the electrical problems how hard is it to replace an axle

Better:
I just bought the car for $1800. He wouldn't come down on the price, and he said he had someone else who would buy it. So I didn't want to argue, and just bought it. I like the car and the history. Hopefully gonna put the alternator on and go try and figure the electrical problems. How hard is it to replace an axle?

Thanks, and welcome.

yeti

I'm going off one of those smart phones so my appology if you can't read.
And I will try and shoot for punctuation

SouthCaliVR4

Quoting yeti:
Should I get a used one if I can find it
And I'm trying to find out if my friend will drive the car up this weekend
What day this weekend should I come up if possible

You can get new or rebuilt pretty damn cheap, I'd just go that route. Sunday is open all day sat my niece has a softball game. so It'd have to be afternoon. Let me know what you can do.

steve

Quoting yeti:
I'm going off one of those smart phones so my appology if you can't read.

Wow. I can read just fine. Good luck.

SouthCaliVR4

He was a really nice guy Steve, I think he meant an actual apology not to be sarcastic, though I too can see how it would read that way.

yeti

Ya I wasn't trying to be sarcastic by that I really am using one of those droids and I don't understand it cause I got it less than a week ago.

And I am apologizing if my post's have not been the cleanest it's cause I can't really see what I type cause its such a small screen.

I wasn't trying to be sarcastic.

steve

My bad, I kinda thought you didn't mean it that way... otherwise I would have banned you. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif All good.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts