The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

JMF 1g Race Bumper and fuel tank

Will the race bumper that JMF sells for a 1g fit with the gvr4 bumper? Im modifying my 2g's front mount to fit the gvr4 and its gonna require this or for a buddy to fabricate me one.

Heres the part im referring too....
click

Also, Will a 1g fuel tank fit in a gvr4? Ive been talking to Andrew Kisner(Frontline Fabrications) about a bolt in 12.5 gallon sumped fuel cell and he only has a 1g to base it off of. It they are different, I think he will be sending me a cell to mock up, but if they are the same, no need to worry about that.

-Kevin-

Adorsey

Wouldnt try and use the 1g one, A 1ga talon has a more arched(radius) front bumper than a gvr4

curtis

factory tanks are different only awd galant tanks work in the car because of the height/depth and the mounting ring. Now if the cell there building is just a square box the mounting tabs might be able to be modified

Ok...Im mainly just curious about the mounting points. If the mounting is the same i would think that the cell should work no problem.

-Kevin-

EMX5636

No shot of the 1G Race bumper working without major mods. The 1G front bumper bolts vertically to the support, ours is horizontal (parallel to the ground).

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned