The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Jdm shops in SoCal

FullPEAK

Anyone in the SOCAL area know any shops that import JDM 4g63 motors? I found a shop called Ichiban
Jdm, but they are very unprofessional and not replying back.

Thanks

Olson

why do you need one??

Olson

rebuilding what you have now is the cheapest or going to the junkyard or craigslist but thats a crap shoot

FullPEAK

I've heard that it's the better way to go. Down fall is I don't have a garage/house to take my time on a rebuild, even though I would absolutely love to do it.

pot

Staff member
Give Road Race Engineering a call and see if they have any in stock or can point you in the right direction for one. They use to list a couple of different importers on their website but that list is quite old.

FullPEAK

Haha actually I did and the guy told me good luck, and also to let him know if I find a spot cause he's looking for a engine too lol. RR is still great though. Great crew. They do have a listing of company's I already called a couple but they don't have any 6bolts. Everyone is carrying the evo 4G63's now. I will keep trying. Thanks for the help guys!

ghostinthevr4

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif sounds like you talked to Honda, I miss that guy. Theres a few places in Ontario were you can try your luck I can't remember the name of them right of the back. It's located somewhere on Philadelphia street in Ontario almost by the Kaiser hospital, they import motors and do the whole front clip thing. Wish I could remember the name.

Another place you can go which is also off Philadelphia is Rated R motor sports they do a lot of imports and deal with 4G63's. They might even have some motors around the shop, or even a Dsm or two.

Just tell them your looking for the place that sales JDM engines in Ontario and you want them to install the motor. Kar King is also off Philadelphia but I wouldn't get a motor from those guys. Wish I could remember the name of that importer good luck on your search.

Like others have said though getting a rebuild is the way to go but if you can't finding a real JDM ranks pretty high too. I've had succes with them and I know others who have great success with them. There out there but I'm sure there becoming scarce Ontario is the city you want to do your Craigslist searching.

FullPEAK

Off grove and Philadelphia, that's c&t engines(I lived across the street from them). Awesome company,but they don't have any, and not sure when they will get some iN. Good point on Rated R motors, they did work on my talon back in the day. I'll give them a call tomorrow. The way it's looking if I do find one then great I'll have double the parts haha
Thanks!

boostme

Are you on a local board like LADSM? eBay has JDM engines but are +$1500

You are betting off getting a engine locally or finding one to rebuild. Might as well make the engine with forged internals

Jesus_Negros

There's a place in La Habra that sells jdm 4g63t's.

boostme

Maybe someone on the forum can help you. LADSM is the only cali forum that I know and I'm sure there's more.

Have you tried a junk yard? I recently picked up a whole motor for 200. Was missing some things like throttle body, power steering A/C

idreamidrive

Also cruise dsmtuners for sale section. I was able to get a forged internals build with 0 miles for cheap on it. Just had to drive to Tuscon to pick it up when I was living in San Diego at the time.

JamesFoster

There are a lot of ads from JDM importers on craigslist selling 6 bolt 46g3t's, but I know those companies that advertise on cragslist can be hit or miss. I know of a guy who mostly does 2jz imports who is supposed to be reliable and trustworthy. I'll see if I can find his info.

FullPEAK

Thanks for the info yes if you could still post the info. Just so others will have it if they ever need help. But I found a 6bolt cyclone. Trans , ecu. From jdm of California. Here in Ontario. Pretty cool shop. Great team too. Im dropping the engine in next week:)

luis84one

Let me know if you want to sell it. I need one fo get my gvr4 running. Its been sitting on jackstands four going on five years now

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts