The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

JDM infer red key help

RHDgalantVR4

randomly stopped working? Has a new batt and it worked then just stopped. Is there replacements anywhere?

G

Staff member
Damn canadians.

dandanger

I'm guessing he wants a new key with the infrared-sender. My keyless entry has never worked since I've owned the car, though the key itself is transmitting signal(can be tested by pressing the button and pointing eg to a cellphone camera).

misterfixit

The control box is in the drivers door. There is a 'Teach' mode on the system as it moght have forgotten the key.

I'll scan the bits for you and get them up. How's your Japanese? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Rich

dandanger

Didn't know there was a teach mode in these, that could fix my problem too. Don't about the topic starters situation...

My Japanese, ummm... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

misterfixit

Here's why you need the japanese. I apologise as there are ZERO instructions for the system in english anywhere.

Here's the tech manual explanation of how it works:

Here's the Shop Manual with the 'teach' mode:

Here's the wiring diagram in the wiring Manual:

Config diagrams and cnnector locations are here:
click

Hope this helps.

Had a look in the parts list to see if I could find a P/N for the key. I'll post when I get a conclusion.

**Edit**
Got it. P/N for 'Key Door Lock Transmitter' MB818061.

Hope this helps.

Rich

****Information and scans archive****
click

Last edited:

dandanger

I see, I see. But many thanks anyway! There's some pictures that may be helpful even without text, at least I can go trial and error testing cause there's nothing than can go worse( /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/idea.gif).

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts