The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

JDM fender lights: Measurments and How-to

fivestardsm

Ok, I am doing this for everyone that plans on putting a set of Teardrops on thier fenders.

The first thing to do to prep your fender, is to cover the top with masking tape. Blue painters tape is good, but any will work for this procedure.

I am starting by taking the measurments off from a JDM fender for the right side of the car. The left side will be all the same.

The first step: lightly put a piece of masking tape on your measuring tape so that you can transfer the measurements.
Make sure that you leave around 1/2" of tape sticking over the end so that you can draw a line for a "zero" mark with the end of the tape.

Here You can see I just took a pencil and transferd the lines by 1/16ths" from "0" to 1-1/2" and then from 7" to 10"

The second step: Take your tape off from the Measuring tape and put it ontop of the fender. You will put a mark at the coresponding measurments that are listed in the end of this post.

This Is going to be your second set of Measurments to mark out on your piece of tape.

This is what it should look like when you are all done marking and cutting the hole.

Here are the measurments that I took off from the JDM fender that is in the pictures above.

I know that my pictures are backwards to the drawings, but if you just flip one of them over, you will understand.

Enjoy! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Last edited:

GIjoe

Very nice and comprehensive. I wish someone would do this for the JDM vents aswell...

fivestardsm

If I had a JDM hood, I would. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Ralli380Gvr4

Very much appreciated. I am planning on doing this as well, I'm glad to know the information is in writing now. Someone should move this to the how-to archive section. Thanks again!

Quoting GIjoe:
Very nice and comprehensive. I wish someone would do this for the JDM vents aswell...

You mean this?

BoostedAWD91

I just got a set today and the one lights up green and not to bright at all. I thought they are supposed to be clear lights, not green. Also the one doesnt light up so im guessing the bulb is bad and they are soooo small is it even possible to replace the bulbs in these and if so how and what size are they?

Quoting meshwork:
Quoting GIjoe:

You mean this?

OwnaG3

H05TYL

Quoting BoostedAWD91:
I just got a set today and the one lights up green and not to bright at all. I thought they are supposed to be clear lights, not green. Also the one doesnt light up so im guessing the bulb is bad and they are soooo small is it even possible to replace the bulbs in these and if so how and what size are they?

Yeah they just glow green - they're marker lights so you know (roughly) where the corners of the car are.

To remove the bulbs, undo the 2 screws that hold the plastic clip piece on the back, then carefully pull the gray rubber bung the wires go into and it'll pop out, with the bulb in it.

Funny you guys want to fit the JDM fender lights and I want to get rid of them!

How much would you want to pay for a pair? I have 2 sets currently, but could get many more if people are keen...

BoostedAWD91

so just pull the rubber down below the bottom of the bulb or pull it up over the bulb?
the wires do not get removed from the rubber to get the bulb out correct? Also what size is the replacement bulb.

Some people have interest in putting the fender lights in but not everyone does

H05TYL

pull the rubber down below the bottom of the bulb, wires do not get removed from rubber.

no idea what size the bulb is, sorry

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts