The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

JDM bumpers

transparentdsm

So i was thinking lately i'd really like to do JDM bumpers on my car. are there any other people in this area(just the norh east in general) that would want them. Brian(Kama1) has access to a large number of these bumpers, so i was thinking if we could get enough of us together and all chip in the money for shipping, maybe would could get a crate of bumpers and other jdm things sent over here for cheap. i wouldn't care who the box got shipped to or where i have to go to get the bumpers, whoever has the most people around them or the best centrally located person. i figure if we can get enough people to do this we might be able to get front and rear bumpers for 700 shipped. thats usually what you pay for just the front. i would still have to speak with brian to see if this is something he would be willing to do, but if there is enough interest i will look into everything and get real costs and time frames. only need 2 other people to make it work.

kama1

Its doable,unfortunately the expense and red tape is whats stopping me as of now.
I actually have a crate going stateside in a few days,(no parts)but alas the quote for it took a few months.
Bumpers are cheap,what your paying for is transpo,packing,fumigation and etc.by air its a week,by sea i was told 2 months.
We've actually been thinking this for the longest time,it will push thru,just need to get time for it.
Believe me i wouldnt mind cutting up a few more e33a for you guys.

transparentdsm

i did a brief looking into it and it would be like 2000 for shipping.. maybe 4 or 5 people to make it work now. Thanks for the info Brian. let me know if anything goes through and well work something out. id be more of the 2 month shipping thing, cheaper.

kama1

Ill see if i can work out something cheaper.its hard being a newbie with these things.

GSX_TC

I'm always down to get more JDM parts. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

GSX_TC

Yep

jogalant

Don't forget the Euro headlamp assemblies. They drive on the correct side of the road there unlike those wacky right hand drive units you guys have that blind oncoming drivers, lol. I've got them on 1892 that I bought from a friend from the Philippines.

jnava

Staff member
Rear bumper YO.. I actually do need a rear bumper on the cheap side if possible.

minneSNOWta

Maybe load up on JDM fenders too?

fuel

Quoting minneSNOWta:

Because they are different to USDM fenders?

jnava

Staff member
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

CutlassJim

Quoting fuel:
Quoting minneSNOWta:

Because they are different to USDM fenders?

Don't they have a little directional thingy on top of them? Stupidphones make for sh*t picture posting.

Diego

Quoting jnava:
Rear bumper YO.. I actually do need a rear bumper on the cheap side if possible.

I have a USDM rear bumper, $50 plus greyhound.... FYI

kama1

Amg wings are hard to find also but we have fiberglass reps.
Headlamps are commonly replaced due to age,most are with jdm units.bnew taiwan replacements are common and readily available.
Fenders are same except for the top corner lamp/position hole.

I dont want a groupbuy that wont push thru though(tried that here)so dont get your hopes up yet.
My gf actually knows its a good idea to ship parts to you guys(we get a lot of crap with buyers down here,shes dealt with a few)
As for me,im still thinking about it.id better make sure its all planned out on my end before i make my move.

So Until i post up a for sale thread none of said big parts will make it.
This will need work/help from a few members there and a lot of cash on my end.
Also need someone to recieve and ship out when the stuff gets there.
I also dont sell what i dont have on stock.its either i buy from another seller or i part a gti.
Ill also need deposits for the parts if ever,so make sure you really want the part.

Some of the guys here know how i ship,pic of item(all angles) to show condition,some history on it,(if available)
how it will be packed,pic of packed item,pic with your name on it etc.
Small hand carry stuff i can send,but even that takes a while.

Last edited:

ducttapeguy

Im in for sure. 100% Just make sure I get the details and I will send funds and help in any way possible

kama1

Btw we only get fwd/2wd here so the rear bumpers will have a different bracket.unless i source one out of a jdm vr4 unit.
img.php

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned