The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

It's back on the road!!

After 3 months and countless hours, 1102/2000 is finally done, sort of. A fully rebuilt head, all new gaskets,what seems like 10 gallons of low gloss high temp flat black paint(god's gift btw), and 10-25 hours a week with purple stuff and a toothbrush, the undercarriage is done, and the car is done. I will post pics up tomorrow of the entire mess from start to finish. Now on the to do list, adjust timing, bleed brakes, re-install 93' headlights, sell the other set, finish exhaust(tomorrow), and enjoy finally. At the start, i was ready to get rid of it, but after time, i fell in love with it. Thanks for all the help with this thing guys, it is much appreciated.
Jon

I finally took some pics over the weekend. Lmk what you guys think.

SHOPPICTURES001.jpg

SHOPPICTURES002.jpg

SHOPPICTURES003.jpg

SHOPPICTURES004.jpg

SHOPPICTURES005.jpg

SHOPPICTURES006.jpg

SHOPPICTURES007.jpg

SHOPPICTURES008.jpg

SHOPPICTURES009.jpg

SHOPPICTURES010.jpg

Myles

Looks good. I wouldn't have cut the bumper.
Oh and that NSX is HAWT!

Last edited:

cOmpressor

Looks nice, for some reason I like the small cutout for the useless stock IC /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

DR1665

Aw man! Here I thought I was being original with the flat black thing. This is the second other GVR4 done up in a flat (or satin) black finish that I've seen in a week! I even did my intake manifold and valve cover in black as well. Shiiiit. Can't fault you guys for having good taste! :thumbsup

boostedinaz

Not digging the bumper cutout, but I noticed it's 1102 and I'm 1101.

1badgvr4

Please get the cruise control cable off the timing belt.Looks good and I like the cutout for some reason.

DR1665

Cruise cable doesn't look like it's on the belt to me. :shrug

I think the bumper cut is clean and nicely done. In fact, I didn't even notice it, since I was looking for a cut somewhere there isn't supposed to be a hole. You can tell dude took the time to make clean cuts and it looks like he even inserted some foam to keep things from looking like a thin, cut edge. Besides, when a front mount goes in, the rest of that will come out anyway, so, meh.

The car looks great man! I for one really dig the cutout; it's functional and subtle, like it belongs. I had to look twice to figure out what was different, lol. It reminds me a lot of the Evo V, the asymmetrical bumper and hood being the ultimate expression of form following function, a certain brutal beauty to the car. The silver paint sure cleans up that oil cooler real nice, too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts