The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Issue after adjusting clutch

MX4

Hi all,
Yesterday I adjusted my clutch using the youtube video supplied by Jacks Transmission - here. All went well and it seemed the clutch was disengaging better. Anyway I got back in the car this morning and the clutch pedal didnt return after pushing it in. I pumped it about 30 or 40 times and it slowly built return pressure. Around 8 hours later I went back to the car and the same thing has happened. I have doublechecked that there is sufficient fluid in the resovoir and also that the slave cylinder moves in and out (as per the video).

Does anyone have any ideas on what the problem could be?

Cheers!!

gramkrakr89

my clutch did this exact thing one day when leaving work... the slave cylinder seal blew and leaked fluid out of the rod end of the slave cylinder. Pull off the boot to check for fluid.

A new slave cylinder and a thorough clutch system bleed solved the problem. Make sure the fluid level in the reservoir stays filled otherwise you'll have a lot of air to bleed out of the system.

good luck!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned