The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

ISC Motors

Is the 2g motor better than the 1G?? I am not sure which one to get and want to know what people have done with their cars and what is best as far as the ISC. Thanks.

cheekychimp

I'm not sure about this and I hate to spread misinformation so please just take this on advisory and get a second opinion ...

BUT I recall hearing that ISCs do vary (whether by year or model ... maybe even USDM and JDM ... I honestly cannot remember) and that this can cause failures. I do know that blown ISCs can destroy your ECU. Again, I might have my facts wrong, I'm just saying please check this one through to a conclusive answer from someone who does know what they are talking about, BEFORE you just slap another ISC on.

Last edited:

Adorsey

There are differnt types of tb's that can be used in conjunction with our intake manifold style/electrical connections.
But I dont think you can just use a 2g. The ISC does its job well, and fixing something thats not broken, is your decision.
The ( 2 ) that I know work are the: 1990 tb- off a 1g talon/eclipse/laser
& 1991 tb- off a Galant VR4 or 1gb Talon/eclipse/laser.

I run a ISC with no FIAV. Works well for me. And if it ever was to break. I would probably buy a ISC/FIAV blockoff plate. And say the hell with it all.

K.I.S.S.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned