The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Is this VC usable/fixable?

VR_IV_MR

ok so I have a valve cover in front of me that seems to have an issue.

when i turn it over on the inside, on the side without the oil filler hole, the metal plate has 4 broken studs and missing part of the gasket. i can move it up and down inside the VC. i am worried this will be noisy as sh*t and may also have implications on the oiling system.

just replace it. I have probable half a dozen of them and they can be had at the junkyard all day long

VR_IV_MR

that would be nice but this is the one i just bought to replace my cracked one

well, if u pay shipping and like $10 for my trouble of packaging and all i will send u a good one

VR_IV_MR

I'll do that only if this is broken... can this be fixed?

VR_IV_MR

will the cam caps hold it in when it is bolted down?

will there be a rattle?

will there be oil trouble?

jepherz

Staff member
2 ways you can fix that. If you can weld aluminum, you can tack weld aluminum blocks on the sides. Else, you can drill a hole in the mounting position and use a sheet metal screw, and tack the screw to the baffle itself.

I'd worry about those mushroomed over parts breaking off inside a "good" cover no matter what.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned