The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Is this a travesty?

manikbastrd

I am thinking about painting my Summit White car Summit with pearl...anyone care to tell me how much of an abomination this would be (or how awesome it would look)?

GSTwithPSI

Pearl doesn't look good on our cars IMO. A Lexus maybe...A VR4, nah. To each their own though. I did always kinda like this car for some reason. I wouldn't do it to my own car, but I feel like this one looks pretty good:

132321-0-0-0.jpg

Last edited:

manikbastrd

mmmm I see. I wasn't thinking a really heavy pearl, just a little pearlescent.

Chad989of2000

The car in the pic looks good, but that is a little too pearl heavy in my opinion.

coyotes

It looks just ok to me. With the amount of money that cost it could have been something different to look amazing.

mitsuturbo

The car in the pic is too low, IMO.

Why do all these people insist on dropping their car to ridiculous height? I don't think going that low really offers any sort of benefit.

manikbastrd

No Idea...I don't want/need my wheels to tuck. Especially with the tiny wheels and tires that most of us run...

mitsuturbo

I really think "tucked" wheels look like sh*t on most vehicles. Especially so on ours. It's no better than stretched tires with a rim sticking out.

Jesus_Negros

I need to try out this fad with a car. Then I'm going to race Justin in his GVR4.

turbowop

I like the way these cars look with a low "stance" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/keke.gif . That said, too low and it really fucks up the handling. That car looks nice but I agree somebody was a bit heavy handed with the pearl. But I'm not a huge fan of pearl anyway. Maybe for an old Caddie or something like that.

manikbastrd

Thanks for the suggestion Mark. You always have a way of making me feel more dumb than I already do each day... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

raptorWagon

Quoting mitsuturbo:

Why do all these people insist on dropping their car to ridiculous height? I don't think going that low really offers any sort of benefit.

The benefit is to all the onlookers as we watch and laugh at them negotiate speed bumps, usually resulting is loud scraping, busting up sideskirts and drawing unwanted attention towards themselves as we all point and laugh lol. Ain't nobody got time to negotiate speed bumps, especially at Golden Gardens.

EMX5636

Quoting Turbro_Negro:
I need to try out this fad with a car. Then I'm going to race Justin in his GVR4.

Me? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

cheekychimp

Quoting mitsuturbo:

I've said this before too. People always quote "lower centre of gravity equals better handling" which might be true on a perfectly flat race track but on the street as you said, too low is counter productive. I still remember the guy in the Civic who was "chasing" me one day in Tokwawan. I shot over a rough piece of road in the VR4 and watched in the rear view mirror as he braked (worse thing to do as the nose dived) and hit the rough patch with his front lip tearing it right off before grinding his frame rails and pogo-"ing" onto the other side. Needless to say he had to pull over and retrieve the remnants of his bodykit.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Well, just to pile on...that would be "making me feel dumber than I already do" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Quoting manikbastrd:
Thanks for the suggestion Mark. You always have a way of making me feel more dumb than I already do each day... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

JNR

I always thought that I'd go with a pearl if I ever repainted it.

My friend had a Stealth R/T with the pearl white back in the olden days and always loved that color.

Didn't the Diamante have a pearl white?

manikbastrd

I believe they did. I also liked the 3S with the pearl white which is where I got the idea from.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts