The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Is this a real MHI or fake turbo?

turbophein

i have what i thought was a ebay evo III 16g cartridge, from a parts car i have, and it is way bigger than my new MHI evo turbo, both intake and hotside wheels. it does not fit any of the hotsides i have,(maybe 8cm housing needed???) or a ebay evo III 16g compressor housing i have, i got rid of the original compressor housing that came with it because it was beat and thought it was worthless on top of being ground down where the "evo GT" would be, and on top of that the original hotside has been being ceramic coated thinking it would fit my new evo turbo i recently bought, now this causes a few problems for me, obviously the hotside isn't going to work for my MHI turbos so its now useless as well and i don't even have it back yet. and where am i going to get a housing that fits if this turbo is even worth using...

so what is this catridge? tdo5h 20g maybe? it appears to be balanced, there are cut outs in the compressor wheel.

SSPX0400.jpg

SSPX0401.jpg

SSPX0312.jpg

SSPX0402.jpg

SSPX0393.jpg

thanks for the time!

Last edited:

BluFalcon

FP 18G/6SL2

Look at the small FP logo cast into the side of the bearing housing by the water fittings.

Last edited:

turbophein

wow, thats cool, i swore that that said FP, but i thought i was just bugging. now what? i don't have the compressor housing anymore.

turbophein

i guess this would be my next step, kinda expensive though.

click

BluFalcon

Contact FP. I'm sure they have a spare compressor cover or two lying around that they might sell you.

turbophein

just talked to FP and they said anywhere from $160 to $200 for a compressor housing.

BluFalcon

Yow. So did you pitch the original compressor cover? Maybe some one on here has a used one they can sell you.

turbophein

ok so i am sending a tdo5 compressor housing to FP to machine it for a 18g wheel, and i am also sending the cartridge to them for inspection, to measure the play. can't wait.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts