The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Interior options?

tsitalon1

Hey guys,

My interior has had it and I was planning on taking her to the upholstry shop for new clothes but I started wondering what my options are.

Since the majority of the issue is seats/carpets, I am wondering what are our options for factory seats (evo 8-9, evo X, 1g, hyundai, etc)

I have read the Evo seat thread and am aware that Curtis made (not sure if he does anymore) evo seat conversion brackets, but was wondering what other options we have. If I'm going to spend >1k in upholestry, I might as well look at my seat options.

Can you guys list known compatible seats and/or seats that can be made to work with custom brackets?

Also, besides dying the stock worn out carpet, what choice do I have there?

mountaineerjeff

options:

find some stock stuff that is in better condition than your own. (I might be able to help)

fix/clean/dye/reupholster your stock stuff

fit in something from another car. yes you 'can' make it 'fit' just about how much work you want to do, evo seats seem to be the easiest swap and I just completed that swap myself.

tsitalon1

Hey jeff, thanks for your reply.

I would kind of like to modernize the inside of my vr4. I am leaning towards other seats like these:
click

I don't mind work, I just want something safe, comfortable, and grippy. I personally do not weld, so I would need to find someone to make brackets/rails...

But for know the above is probably a dream as I don't know (yet) of a cheap source for these seats and have no clue how compatible they would be, especially with our seat belt systems.

I would entertain picking up your old set though, can you email me your pics and price to my username at gmail?

curtis

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

I was getting ready to say gen coupe seats, My buddy has a 3.8 track and the seats sit better than the look. You can find the leather fronts on ebay from 350 to 500. Mounting system is just one step at a time but I'm sure they could be made to work. The front holes in the car are straight across but the rear holes are offset and each has a slightly different height. I would consider them for mine but already have crx recaros I've had for 15 years and there only 20 something pounds each and are recovered and with deadsoft aircraft foam fitted to me.

Other things and you can do a search on here under my name is a black suede headliner with black suede visors and you can also have them make a suede shift boot, e-brake cover and armrest. I have those. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif Even had the same guy sew up suede covered c pillars for Paul and I covered his B and top rails. I tried doing a group buy on the headliners but me finding enough locally and the shipping killed the deal. paul had one shipped to HK in his crate and Hill and Jason got them shipped together up north and that was it. But over all the nicest mod I think I ever did to my interior. Nothing like getting rid of the stinky bleached out headliner, less glare and nicer to drive.
Other things are drivers side glovebox from an 89 with matching lightweight glovebox and the black rearview mirror assemble from a conquest starion. Direct bolt in just black instead of ugly grey.

click me cheapest I've ever seen on ebay

curtis

click me

Picture of bottom shows the rail system on the seat. All you would probably need is a straight bar front and rear and some tabs welded on.

tsitalon1

Thanks Curtis, I think I will go for the gen coupe seats! If I drive up to TN, you gonna help me bolt them in /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I'll pass on the mirror, I have plans for a homelink mirror anyway.

What about carpet...cannot find anything on line, yet do find carpet for my 81 D50, go figure! Is this something that will have to be custom cut or something?

Last edited:

A little off topic, but I still find it hard to believe that no other seats are a direct bolt in for a 6g Galant. I have however been unpleasantly surprised by other parts like rear bumpers for example.

Last edited by a moderator:

maxash0775

CURTIS-Do you have pics of that interior with the suede. I had the same idea (guess iam a little late) I wanted to match the suede panel on the doors and use interior paintt o paint the top plastics and die cloth trim. i want to buy extras of all so I dont butcher my stock ones.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts