The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

intercooler piping

rost

My car came with evo8 fmic.But the PO didnt do a really good job on ic piping...He used couplings from evo,stock j-pipe,stock rubber pipe where it connects to throtle body.In any case,i want to upgrade the piping.I have couple questions.What diameter should i use 2.5" or 3"?Should i upgrade j-pipe?
A little about the car,i already purchased big 16g,im also going to use greddy type s recirc.bov,2g mas(prolly on stock evo8 intake).Will be tuned with dsm link lite.
Thanx in advance

rost

here is the pic of how it looks now
P1070551.jpg

BoostedAWD91

2.5" is what you wanna use. I have my ic piping from.throttle body to fmic for sale if your interested. The eBay kit will work as well, just be careful tightening the clamps if u use t bolt cause they can bend the pipe if you tighten to much

Last edited:

Nartanian

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif And I thought my piping was bad. Get 2.5inch piping though. That will clear, and I believe you don't need to upgrade your j-pipe, but you can upgrade to a 2g throttle body elbow. Somewhere in the middle of this thread click it shows a members piping route using the Evo 8 IC and what he did to make it work.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned