The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Intercooler piping?

galant344

I have the ETS intercooler set up on my car, but now building a separate motor w/ a totally different intake and turbo set up. Does anyone know if ETS mad a short route piping set up for our cars? I'm going to call during the week to find out but thought someone on the site may know about this? I've been dying to call them all weekend but know they are closed. I want to finally get this engine in my car this year and the weather is so nice in chicago so its really making me get out in the garage and assemble my engine!

4thStroke

The piping from the the cold side of the core to the throttle body is the same, it's not the shortest, but it was pretty much the only bolt on solution I believe.

What intake manifold are you using? I have the JMF SMIM and the angle on the ETS pipe needed to be modified a bit, just a simple cut and re-angled downward.

ghostinthevr4

4thStoke is right there's only one option that connects to the intake manifold. If there is another option they probably won't have the jig for it. I already called them about it so don't get your hopes up when you talk to them. I have a JMF SMIM also I had to cut and re-angle the throttle body elbow. I'm running an HX-40 before that I had an FP 18g. I cut the pipe and had it beaded works and fits great. Just find a shop that can bead roll your pipes.

galant344

I'm more wanting the hot side. i'm going from a 16g to a fp3065 and looking to have the piping go down instead of up. I am changing the blow off valve too from stock to tail so i have to get the fange changed and intake from stock to jmf. The cold side i was assuming i was going to have to change the angle of the throttle elbow.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts