The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Intercooler kit?

Hondakiller

I'm looking for a Intercooler kit for my galant. But all I can find is the ETS kit. Does anyone know of a kit that is cheaper and is made for the gvr4? Or should I just stop being cheap /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif.

JCorbo25

I read somewhere about a forum member that does a piping kit for ~$300, but haven't been able to find the info again.

I'm very interested in finding a cheap alternative with an Evolution 8/9 front mount, but swapping the inlet doesn't look like fun. I got my last Evo FMIC for $20 from a friend.

The ETA kit does look damn good, I'm weary about dropping $1,000 though.

123abc

I used a 1g DSM short route kit on my Galant. Had to move the radiator over to the driver's side so it's actually centered to the car, but otherwise it fit.

Hondakiller

See that's what i was thanking a dsm Intercooler. Cuz I have a half size rad so it would not be a big deal. But I would like one that is made for the gvr. And not a grand

4nmscle

I wish I had Galant around here so I could mock some up. I would be more than happy to make some intercooler kits for them.

JCorbo25

What are your goals?

The more I look at a makeshift Evo 8/9 FMIC, the more it makes sense for me. I just plan on a 16G, 2G MAS, 560cc, and some other supporting mods.

Brunoboy

I have one of the kits made by a member that's no longer on the board. I maybe willing to part. PM if interested.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts