The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Installing wbo2, couple questions

Gmoney1983

Tomorrow I will hopefully be getting my AEM wideband gauge all installed and hooked up. Was also thinking about installing my fmic and maft with gm maf. So my question is this: will the wideband be a good enough monitoring device to hook up the maft? Or should I just wait until I get a logger to start messing around with it?

Armitage

The MAF-T box does have the ability to tweak your fuel tuning a little but it's not really a tuning tool for making fine adjustment. My recommendation for using the translator is set it correctly for your stock MAF and injectors then leave it alone. Use your WB02 to do your additional tuning with a piggyback (S-AFC) or upgraded program (ECMLink), etc. Speaking of which, you didn't mention what ECU/tuning mods you're currently running.

Gmoney1983

No tuning yet. Was hoping to use the maft just to install the gm maf for now. Would love to get link, but that's down the line a bit. Only reason I got the maft was to be able to run the bov non-recirculated. As it was cheaper than going with a new intake setup to recirculate the bov, and it came with the intercooler setup I got. Not trying to tune with it per say, just use it to install the maf and get this intercooler on.

Armitage

You should be fine to run the GM MAF in blow-through with a dumped BOV with no ECU upgrades or other tuning but you'll still have to keep the boost low so as not to run into fuel cut. You can probably just use the default settings for stock injectors + 1g MAF and any tuning tweaks you make based on the WB02 are just gravy.

Gmoney1983

Thanks. No plans to turn the boost up until I get a proper tuning program. I'm happy with the 12 psi out of the 16g for now.

Armitage

NP. Good luck. You're going to *love* 20+ PSI when the time comes /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Spyke169

You aren't by chance asking about running the O2 sensor with MaftPro are you? As that has wideband feedback. If so, that feature is only designed to make small adjustments at WOT and will still need to be programmed like any other piggyback system.

Gmoney1983

No, I honestly didn't even know that was a feature of the maft. And I don't have the pro, just the regular maft, v2.02 I believe. Just want to hook up Tue maft so I can run the gm maf and leave my bov vta. Just trying to get the fmic I bought all hooked up, starting to clean up the mess the po left me with. The setup I have now is a very poorly mounted 1g side mount with some hacked together piping, a crap intake with duct tape over the holes in it and the stock maf. The intercooler is held on with ziptied right now, and I don't know how much longer there gonna hold.

So my plan was to install the fmic and piping I got, which included the maft and gm maf and a new intake. No plans to increase boost or fiddle with the maft, just set it up to run with the stock injectors and the new maf. If that makes sense.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned